Author Topic: Gen 4 model number question  (Read 3508 times)

Kingcarrot92

• Hatchling
Gen 4 model number question
« on: February 15, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Hello all, looking to finally get a db9 now that the gen 4 is out.

I'm looking at a local site at these two

https://www.liberty-firearms.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/dia-db9nb-9mm-g4-poly-blknkl

https://www.liberty-firearms.com/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/diamondback-firearms-db9sl-9mm

I just want to make sure the UPC/SKU/ MODEL number is correct because the pictures show a db380

These models show available on the gun genie for that specific store as well.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Gen 4 model number question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 07:32:34 AM »
I didn't see where they stated Gen 4. I'd wait for the correct pics to show up.

Kingcarrot92

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 12:00:01 PM »
The first link has g4 in the URL. It's also the same SKU number as Davidson's link.

https://galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=DB9NB&zipcode=23112

Hobo73

• Pygmy Rattler
  • I am me, known as Hobo to most love me or not I'm
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:42 PM »
Thank you SO much for this! Been fighting with the local town dealer that argued with me (they aren't available yet) blah blah blah.... talked to another shop gave him the sku listed and BOOM mine is on the way.
Now to walk into the local show him on my phone what isnt available and the sale he lost out on.
Yes he had me pissed that he talked to me like I was stupid!
I am the Hobo, no more, no less, but ALWAYS me!

Libohunden

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 09:10:16 AM »
I finally got my Gen 4 out to the range the other day. I noticed that I couldn’t chamber a round unless I inserted the magazine with the slide locked back. Anyone else have this issue?

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:29:30 PM »
I finally got my Gen 4 out to the range the other day. I noticed that I couldn’t chamber a round unless I inserted the magazine with the slide locked back. Anyone else have this issue?

Nope.  I can insert the mag with the slide in either position.  What I have noticed is if the slide is back and I "pop" the mag in, the slide will release on it's own and put a round in the pipe.  Not always, but about half the time.

depletedyourcranium

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 01:21:49 AM »

It's just really tight. When the mag is fully loaded there is a lot of pressure on that top round. When you try to rack the slide on a full mag, that top round has to push down a bit before the slide can go back. I fumbled loading my gen 4 on a full mag the first time, the slide wants to stop about halfway back. You just have to rip it like a man and get it chambered. Or download the mag to 5 rounds, charge the slide, then top off the mag with 2 instead of 1.

angryhorse1

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 07:07:47 PM »
I had the same problem with mine which is a db3 it has the orange fowlers in the mag. If you fight through it it deforms the brass and will get stuck in the chamber. I cut one coil off the mag spring and now it runs like a champ.That doesnt say much for their quality control. The spring needs to give a little for the slide to pass.

Diamondback Firearms