Author Topic: FS Nine Magazines  (Read 24421 times)

bcottun

• Red Diamond
Re: FS Nine Magazines
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »
EDWARD, you might want to email DB at info@diamondbackfirearms.com about your gun.  As another old timer, I pop off more than my share of fliers, but missing the paper target altogether sounds like something is shaking loose in the gun.  Let us know what you hear from DB.  Might take them a day to respond, but they are getting pretty good about getting back to customers with problems.

Good luck, Bill

EDWARD

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »
THANKS BILL,I WILL DO THAT.

EDWARD

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
Hello Bill I sent db an email at the website you gave me. just simply i don't trust the gun anymore. told them i would be satisfied with nothing less than a replacement gun. well we will see how far that goes. if they want to argue about it they picked the right man for that job. i am 65 years old,too old to put up with w bunch of crap. EDWARD

bcottun

• Red Diamond
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2015, 10:05:19 AM »
Edward, it has been my experience that DB is not looking for reasons to be confrontational.  I had to send my DB9 back for repairs twice.  I had convinced myself that there was nothing DB could do that would ever restore my confidence enough to use a DB9 again as my front pocket CCW. When I sent the gun back the second time, I was done with DB and fully intended to trade in the repaired gun on a Glock 43 or Ruger LC9s Pro.

After my gun had been at DB a few weeks I got a call from Cody asking me if it would be okay if DB replaced my broken gun with a new gun.  I asked him to make the decision.  If he thought he could repair the original so that I might reconsider carrying it, that was good with me.  He decided to replace it.  I agreed. 

Over the next couple of weeks Cody and I communicated frequently and by the time I finally got my new DB9 back I had agreed to at shoot the new gun before trading it in.  To make a long story short (not likely) after a few range sessions and a couple hundred rounds later, I am once again carrying my DB9 with the same high degree of trust as when I first carried one. 

To be completely honest, the reason I am carrying this DB9 is because of the trust I have in Cody.  He spent time educating me on the DB9 and the YF series I now have.  I know he cannot do that with every DB customer, but I believe he took the time as I made a concerted effort to develop a positive feedback loop with DB since sending my DB9 in for repair the first time.

Being a cranky old bastard that is a bit older than you, on occasion I am subject to spinning up fast and subjecting others to my righteous indignation.  I am glad I did not resort to that tactic with Cody and Eric.  I might have gotten a new gun anyway, but I would not have learned about how those two wonderful young men are striving to regain the trust of our forum members and improve quality of product and service to all DB customers.

It is my guess that you will find DB wants to treat you fairly and honestly.  I found every DB employee, with whom I have dealt to be focused on resolving customer problems, and not focused on finding excuses to not solve customer problems.  I honestly believe that Cody and Eric treated me as well as I treated them.

I hope sharing my experience helps you deal with DB.  Sincerely, Bill

EDWARD

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »
I GUESS I GOT A LITTLE ILL  WHICH HAPPENS EVERY NOW AND THEN. THEY EMAILED ME BACK AND SAID THEY WOULD HAVE TO LET THEIR GUNSMITH LOOK AT IT BEFORE THEY WOULD REPLACE IT. THAT IS FAIR ENOUGH. THEY WOULD EMAIL ME A RETURN LABEL WHENEVER I GET READY. SORRY FOLKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE IF I SOUNDED A LITTLE TICKED OFF AND TYPED WHAT I FELT. GOT MY COOL BACK AND TOLD THEM TO EMAIL ME A UPS LABEL. BY THE WAY BILL HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU PACKAGE A GUN UP SO IT WILL NOT BOUNCE AROUND AND ALL THAT  STUFF? TO UPS IT IS JUST ANOTHER PACKAGE.  THANKS MY FRIEND FOR HELPING ME COOL OFF. I WILL BE POLITE LOL.  EDWARD

bcottun

• Red Diamond
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
Edward, thank you for the smile! 

I shipped my DB9 back in the black plastic hard pack it originally came in.  Be sure to include a magazine and the lock it came with.  Ever the analist, I wrapped the gun and mag in two soft cotton shoe polishing mitts I got while staying at a Raddison in Evansville IN for several months...but I digress.  Be sure to include a letter describing your issues, serial number, return address, contact info, next of kin, blah, blah, blah

Anyway, I then wrapped the hard pack in brown shipping paper (really), stuck on the shipping label and a couple months later I got my new gun back.

Good luck, Bill

EDWARD

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »
THANK YOU MY FRIEND, EDWARD

Diamondback Firearms