Author Topic: OH Snap!!!!  (Read 7862 times)

money mike

• Hatchling
OH Snap!!!!
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »
I recently got my DB9 back from repair. It had the new slide, which was really nice looking. So I took the thing out to put some rounds through it. I got four magazines worth of shots off, and everything was looking good. Loaded the fifth mag and pulled the trigger 3 times, it shot them all fine. Fourth shot, the trigger was dead.

I unload and inspected the piece and as I was stripping the slide off, pieces came flying out. For your viewing pleasure I am attaching photos. I have emailed and facebooked Diamondback, but so far no response. Starting to get pissed. Never seen such a snap except with pot metal garbage.

HankG

• Western Diamondback
Re: OH Snap!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
This is the kind of thing that drives me nuts with this pistol and the .380. Many of the parts are made of inferior grade materials. They just can't seem to take the pounding. The casting seems to have cracked. Were you using 124 grain or larger bullets in the cartridges?

money mike

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:50 AM »
Winchester white box 115 gr. FMJ
Cheap range ammo for function testing. I wasn't going to use good ammo in this thing till it proved reliable. Luckily I didn't have to go through too many rounds to get a result.

I don't mind sending it back to them for repair, but the first time I sent it back the FedEx charge was $60. I'm not paying that again.

Snake Handler

• Sidewinder
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 08:49:31 PM »
Can't see the pics on my phone but most small parts are MIM.

Beach

• Sidewinder
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 11:09:03 PM »
You can ship it ground. I put insurance on it for $400 and shipped it. Do not put the name of the company on it. I put Service Dept. Under description, I put hole punch. Get creative. Cost me under $13 and it arrived the following morning at 10 am. I shipped it at 5pm the day before, but I am in FL.

Pack it in the smallest box you can. I wrapped mine in a rag and used a couple of rubber bands to hold it in place. Included the stupid child lock with keys... is this some kind of law, or just DB policy?

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
  • "she's ugly but she's fat"
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
Well your not the only member that has one of those broken pot metal things, who do u think you are? Well, some people!
"don't do that no more"

money mike

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »
Well your not the only member that has one of those broken pot metal things, who do u think you are? Well, some people!
Hey, I can do without your snark and ignorance of contractions. As to who I think I am, I'm a dissatisfied customer that keeps having to foot the bill for DB's design incompetence.

Hopefully, other people who are contemplating purchasing one of these can get an idea of what's in store for them. Then maybe DB will realize that just as they redesigned the slide (for a reason), they also need to correct the internals.

Looking at your post count, I am assuming you're a regular around here and I will attribute your rudeness to the fact that you're a fanboy. My only advice is don't let your enthusiasm make you into a jackass.

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
mm, its a joke! LMAO   wake up. Duh! lam saying the same thing you are.  Duh! a joke, Like,  l have one too. GET IT?  I dont even own a db. You wanta see pics of my broken REAR BLOCK.

LMAO., here mm, mine off old dbf forum.
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k511/putt2012/C45F6679-83C2-4115-8CE3-9DB0F6998ECD-112-00000003F2CD5BE9.jpg
OH Snap!!!!

Hehehehehe, still LMAO.

dugstruble

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:35:09 AM »
Yeah I just sent mine back too. The sear pin keeps walking out. Talked to another on here that had to send his in because his sear cage broke. They sent me an email with a UPS label, but took a while. I have had 3 DB9s. One when they first came out. That one had the lower slide rail break. Got it back and sold it. I was hoping by now that all the bugs were worked out. Doesn't seem as such. I want a light weight pocket 9mm that is reliable so bad. I have 2 Sig P938s. They had problems at first too with light primer strikes, but both of them are flawless now. I would depend my life on them. They are heavier, though. I want to depend my life on the DB9 too, but not sure it would ever happen. Now that Taurus bought them out, it makes no difference too me. Taurus customer service and products suck too from what I have heard.

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 04:58:21 AM »
Taurus did not buy them, their just managing some stuff for DBF. A new gen whatever is coming soon in db9. I will prob get another. I have a cm-9 that is incredible, not much larger but heavier. The g-42 is nice but to long for a 380. My TCP never fails. Dang things incredible too. At least nowdays taurus sells 90% of the parts for TCP. My cm9 never failed out of box w/425 reloads thru it. Did not expect that.

dugstruble

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
I did hear that the TCP is right on.

Diamondback Firearms