Author Topic: Barrel crimping magazine  (Read 3814 times)

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
Barrel crimping magazine
« on: October 23, 2015, 07:13:40 PM »
I am having an issue with the barrel and slide on the return biting the magazine and crimping it. I am wondering if this is an issue anybody else has had this issue or has hear of it before. Have also had so many feed issues it is even funny. I know I am not limp wristing and I have tried the mag fix and even bought hornady rounds for it. Getting close to just throwing the damn thing out. Somebody please give me an answer I haven't seen.

DB

• Red Diamond
Re: Barrel crimping magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »
I sent you a PM.

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 08:25:02 PM »
Figured out the problem.

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
Care to share the situation/remedy with others on the forum?  :main_thumbup_ncc:
FTF...Failure to Fire, or Failure to Feed? FTE...Failure to Extract, or Failure to Eject?

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Broken cam. Has to be sent in for repair or replaced.

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 06:03:28 PM »
That's different (broken cam block).

We've had quite a few guys report the cam block putting a small dent in the rounded leading side of magazines. I saw it on both my original and overhauled DB9s.

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »
Yeah trashed 2 mags before I figured it out. Talked with Cody last night. I am confident it will be resolve. Diamondback shows a want to assist their customers and to resolve the issues.

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 10:55:57 PM »
It didn't put enough of a dent in my mags to affect feeding.  After I got the frame/slide drag worked out, feeding improved astronomically...was able to get several mags without feed issues thru the gun.  I suspect the cam block contour in the mag well might have held the secret for clearing up the rest of the misfeeding.

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »
I meant Cody in my previous post.

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
Just got a new YF DB9 and put 50 rounds through with not a single problem. Going to try and put another 50 rounds through this weekend. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Eng_Rob

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 05:26:01 PM »
Put 75 rounds through the new YF SN today with only one failure to feed (father was shooting it and limp wristed). Round got caught on the feed ramp. First time I was able to rapid fire a db9 and I enjoyed it. Felt good being able to put 7 rounds through without any issue.

Diamondback Firearms