Author Topic: DB9 disassembly  (Read 20420 times)

dennisrl84

• Hatchling
DB9 disassembly
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
I am trying to dissassemble this gun like I would my Glock to get to the springs to replace them. I am pressing on the plastic sleeve as in a glock and it will NOT budge to get the slide cover off. I have marred the crap out of the slide cover.

so I finally call DB and get someone from Taurus. They tell me the only option is to pay to mail it to them, pay for labor and pay to return ship it and they will exchange the springs and cover.

Are they freaking kidding? It took me months to get them to deal with a jamming gun. I live 5 miles from their operation in cocoa and the moron I spoke with originally had ZERO idea what I was referring to when I mentioned failure to feed or eject. He was clearly a 3rd party company outsourced to handle calls and had NO knolwedge of firearms. Now they want me to send the gun in to replace a spring? Either this woman I spoke with is stupid as well or they are trying to nickel and dime the crap out of me.

If I dont get this resolved by next week I am selling the gun and buying something else. It is BEYOND ridiculous.

HankG

• Western Diamondback
Re: DB9 disassembly
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
dennis,

Don't own the 9mm, own the .380. I have completely taken mine apart for a fluff and buff and have dented up the rear slide cover trying to get it off. I called asking about spare parts and received the same "duh" response. I was told they would be selling spare parts via their website in a few weeks. That was a week ago. I bought a spare red Glock  rear side cover, thinking it could be cut down with a Dremmel Tool, but when it arrived, found it to be to large. I don't know if it will fit the 9mm but have a picture of it next to a ruler in Chris's " sear me a river" thread.

So far, the pistol has performed well with Hornady 90 grain ammo but I would feel better if I could get some spare parts from the company. :Main_thumbdown2:

dennisrl84

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »
the Glock plate will def not fit.I own both. The .389 is not.an option as I alreadyown one in mother MUCH more customer service friendly brand. the 9mm was a caliber upgrade. But with this level of CS it will be gone in a few weeks. They are ridiculous. I am giving them one more shot.

rogertc1

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 05:03:52 AM »
If you want to know how to dissamble the DB look at the manual instructions. If that is too complicated go to GOOGLE and type in dissassemble DB. Lots of stuff on the web . ....roll eyes
Here is a starter
I have more guns than you!!

dennisrl84

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
this is a video how to field strip not disassemble.

rogertc1

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
So you want to take the DB completely apart down to the last pin and spring. WHY? It is not a glock. You should take it to a gun smith to do it than. Or get rid of the gun if you hate it so.
Just my humble opinion.

dennisrl84

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:25:49 AM »
Because I put nearly 800 rds thru it and want to ensure the springs are still good. As you may know, springs in these pocket guns go bad relatively quickly. Its for a peace of mind thing.

Taking it to a gunsmith isn't  to help of I can't get replacement parts. Taking a gun to a gunsmith for a spring inspection would be like calling a mechanic to put gas in your car.

I love the gun but their CS is among the worst I have ever experienced.

rogertc1

• Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 11:24:53 AM »
SCCY makes a great 9MM. Very reliable , great customer service and can be found new for around only $250. Or you can go to the other extreme and get a Boberg for only around $1000 which has excellent customer service (you can talk to  the owner.)
I honestly bought my DB9's for their color. Orange and teal.

moespeeds

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 04:09:54 PM »
Since nobody actually gave you a relevant/intelligent answer, here it is for the archives (I too was searching for this info):

Diamondback DB9 Disassembly

rogertc1

• Red Diamond
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 07:54:06 AM »
I have noticed that since Taurus has taken over DB and CEO Acitelli took over as CEO since they fired Kresser their Customer Service has gone to hell. They never answer their phone. This is on all their products. Taurus, Rossi, DB and Heritage Arms. Not bad mouthing the firearms just the CS.

WERNER1

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »
I too was having some difficulty removing the rear slide plate/cover to get to the firing pin n stuff... I even had the manual posted above,... so after I finally figured it out, I made a post with detailed pics and very clear instructions...

http://diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=1119.msg2505#msg2505

:main_thumbup_ncc:

Diamondback Firearms