Author Topic: MotorKote  (Read 4528 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
MotorKote
« on: December 23, 2013, 12:40:41 PM »
I keep hearing about this lube, so thought I'd give it a drop of attention. Drop?   :main_tongue:   Sometimes I just crack myself up!

Anyway, I have nothing to report yet, and it might be snake oil for all I know, but I wanted to try it. The test platform is...you guessed it... a DB9. I completely disassembled it, cleaned up all the former goop and used the MotorKote on everything that comes in contact with anything that moves, even used it on the rails. First impression is that the oil weight is just right. Not too heavy and not as thin as machine oil. They claim it's a friction reducer and not an oil additive and 3x stronger than the competition and lasts 4x longer. They do list firearms as one of the uses. But then they also claim you can use the aerosol spray version to coat the bottom of your lawn mower so the grass won't stick. So I suppose if you have fat thighs you could spray some there to stop the chaffing! Or a corduroy pants noise reduction system? Haha

I'll report back with how this holds up. I'm normally a Militec-1 oil and grease kinda guy, with some KG Systems products in the collection. All's I can say for now is that racking the slide really feels smooth. Hmm. Could there be something to this?

Team Jackson

• Hatchling
Re: MotorKote
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »
How did it work?

LP79

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »
I've used it before and I thought it worked well, using Lucas gunoil at the moment and that is working well too

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »
I'm happy with it. Contact surfaces seem to stay 'slick' without gumming up. There may be things going on with it that works better than alternatives, but I really can't tell. Feels slick, stays slick.

:main_thumbs_2up: 

raggededge

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
has any one out there used an oil called EEZOX? Have read outstanding reviews but haven't tried it yet.  thanks for posting

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision