Author Topic: Feeding issues  (Read 7036 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Feeding issues
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:37 PM »
Looks as though you have a bent ejector. i don't own a full size Db 9mm though, so I would wait for some more owner's input to come in from cyber space. Chris...you out there floating around anywhere?

Ouch.. I hate it when my ejector gets bent to the right like that!  I no longer have an FS9. It's in Eric's (Galloway Precision) hands now so maybe he'll see this thread and jump in. Wait one... let me check my pics... Bingo! Here's one I'll attach, but no loaded magazine to check for contact.

Edit... This was the stock configuration on mine, but I have seen others that have been intentionally bent like this. It varies with the manufacturer and their tests (they test these things?  :main_whistling: ), for example the Springfield XDs series ejectors are straight, as with many others.

HankG

• Western Diamondback
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
It seems strange to me that an ejector should impinge on the way the cartridge sits in the magazine and is presented to the chamber.  I can understand a bend in the ejector so that it hits the left rear of the cartridge case when the cartridge is extracted, but it shouldn't touch the cartridge case as it sits in the magazine and move it out of line with the chamber.

Don_Don

• Hatchling
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 01:00:43 AM »
Sending gun in... No choice 6-8 week turn around

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »
Sending gun in... No choice 6-8 week turn around

Keep us posted on this. I sent a DB9 in for repair some time ago and it came back in better than new condition. I had recently posted pics of the polishing job they did to the barrel, as example, but it included tweaking so much more, like they took the extra step to please the customer kinda thing. The barrel ramp had some serious shaping as opposed to just smoothing out some machine marks. And although I haven't fired a ton of rounds through it, it's been failure free. Am I just lucky? Who knows, right...

When I reviewed the FS Nine, I had zero failures, and I felt that this was going to be a gun that would be every bit as reliable as the industry giants offerings. I was actually pretty surprised to see this complaint, but as all things mechanical, there's going to eventually be some issues. Even the Glock cult follower's have had their problems, and certainly all other's out there have had their share of poor engineering or poor supplier quality control experiences.

Don_Don

• Hatchling
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2015, 11:41:43 PM »
Week 9 still not done.  Btw it took them a week to process and notify it has been received.  Hope mine turns out perfect as yours did chris

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2015, 01:19:33 AM »
Me too. I'm pulling for you!  :main_smiley:

Don_Don

• Hatchling
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »
lol. Honestly after my positive results with the db9 i am hopeful for the FS.  Well, time will tell anyhow.

Don_Don

• Hatchling
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 04:24:11 PM »
2 year update....

Ok so i had to return the pistol twice and finally received a replacement last year but it must have somehow bypassed QA again.

With the new pistol I have the following issues with Perfecta/Federal Alum ammo:

Will not return to battery (intermittent)
Stove pipes galore
Failure to extract

Couldnt get through a box before putting the pistol away.

I really want the pistol to work, love the ergo and the size but Im disappointed. 

Sell or keep working on it?

Explorer3J

• Sidewinder
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 11:15:40 PM »
Sorry to hear of your issues.

I love my FS9 and it is my EDC gun. For the past year it had been 100% reliable with Perfecta 115 gr and Federal Aluminum case 115 gr FMJ ammo. Sights were accurate out of the box.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/JEFFs_Stuff/Guns/69260521_zpsske4wukx.jpg
Feeding issues

Unfortunately I had a slide breakage failure and am currently waiting for the repair to be completed.
You can view the details here:

http://www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=4219.0

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/JEFFs_Stuff/Guns/BrokenSlideDiamondbackFS9-2_zps05rhxqw8.jpg
Feeding issues

Though they have been very responsive in replying to my queries I have been waiting for 5 weeks and still counting. They received the gun on 5/10..........?
I hope when I get it back it is still as reliable and accurate as it was before I sent it to them.

Handguns: DB9FS, S&W M&P22C, Sig Sauer Mosquito,
S&W M&P22 Full Size 12rnd.
Shotgun: Rock Island Armory M5 12 Ga
Rifles: Mossberg 715T .22, Savage Mdl 64FXP .22

Don_Don

• Hatchling
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »
Going to work through it with different ammo this time and try to break it in.  Perhaps theres a specific ammo this likes.  I guess we wait and see.

5 iron

• Hatchling
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
Going to work through it with different ammo this time and try to break it in.  Perhaps theres a specific ammo this likes.  I guess we wait and see.

Did it break in yet? Or is it just going to be one of those that are picky about ammo?