Author Topic: Got 7 Rounds In A Row Down Range - Felt Like I Won The Lottery  (Read 31732 times)

Bubba

• Sidewinder
Re: Got 7 Rounds In A Row Down Range - Felt Like I Won The Lottery
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
PS it took two week to get a shipping label.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 06:18:41 PM »
13 Mar 15 Email from Taurus : approximate time for work to be completed 8 to 10 weeks.  That would mean sometime in mid May; maybe?

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
  • "she's ugly but she's fat"
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 07:43:56 PM »
my lord, ridiculous! Its like there spitting in your face.

You guy have temper control.
"don't do that no more"

HankG

• Western Diamondback
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 11:10:46 AM »
It's becoming the way of the world gunoil. The problem is ...the young ones growing up as I speak, learn to think this is the norm for life in the good old USA and their performance in life and on the job reflects it and the country continues it's slow spiral downward away from Arete...pronounced Au  rae  tea ....Greek word for striving for excellence in everything you do in life.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 03:34:58 PM »
I have a vision of about 6 guys in a small shop working as hard as they can, but the DB9's arriving in dump trucks and being dumped in piles outside.  Or, someone has decided to discourage their customers from even considering sending the guns in for repair, because it's killing their bottom line.

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
Uh, last sentence you wrote stickfarm.

Does not happen with kahr, my zds, ruger, sig.. Or glock(never sent a glock in). You people's pistol have been dwn there over 40 days. Keltec service not even that bad. Ah, this is a company from another country that moved in but no service & no respect for customers.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 12:15:29 PM »
Only one more month till I get my DB9 back? :main_victory_ncc: :main_good:

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 01:20:54 PM »
Praise the Lord.

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »
Uh, last sentence you wrote stickfarm.

Does not happen with kahr, my zds, ruger, sig.. Or glock(never sent a glock in).

Yeah, it does.

I sent a brand-new .44 Ruger Redhawk back from Germany in mid-Eighties...cylinder bolt wouldn't set without giving the cylinder the tiniest nudge.

Revolver came back from Ruger after several months, with test-fire target and write-up that it was repaired. Straight from box, wouldn't trigger or hammer cock, without a nudge of the cylinder.

All the big names have fielded dogs (Remington R-51, Colt All American, Walther, etc).  The DBs definitely have problems, but they're not the only gun maker who's been down that path.
FTF...Failure to Fire, or Failure to Feed? FTE...Failure to Extract, or Failure to Eject?

trooperc7

• Sidewinder
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
I wanted to like the Db9. Had nothing but problems.. would not feed, then the trigger broke, Sent it in to be repaired. they had the gun 3 days shy of 4 months.. received the gun back yesterday. Repair says they replaced a damaged ejector. Replaced a sear. replaced the barrel and the magazine had excessive play and was adjusted. They say they fired 12 rounds of winchester white box for tests. I got the gun today and could not get a single mag fired without the exact same problems of stove pipes, misfeeds and failure to fire using the same ammo they tested it with. Also tried 2 other brands of ammo with the same results..Im extremely disappointed. Im not new to guns and have many other handguns. I cant decide decide whether to try to get it repaired again or just sit on the gun... Im not sure the frustration of waiting another 4 months is worth it... At any rate, im through  with diamond back. I will not purchase another firearm from them.

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
try to fix it yourself, your a fool to mail it back, LMAO! Let chris and eric help ya.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2015, 04:22:25 PM »
I think gunoil has it right.  You have to be a fool to send your gun to diamondback to get it fixed.  I was joking about getting it back in a month.  I believe it will be months before I get it back, if I get it back.  I believe it will be exactly as it was when I sent it, but I had to try once and give them a chance.  I have bought some other pistols.  One had a broken extractor at around 1300 rounds, called their customer service, they mailed me out a replacement extractor that day; night and day difference.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2015, 04:30:34 PM »
Matter of fact, I think I'll go shoot one of them right now.  Guarantee, any of the  four will shoot until I'm tired of it, without a single F2FS.

gunoil

• reloads forever.
  • Red Diamond
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2015, 10:57:37 PM »
Gotta remember, in last 2 years some parts have been improved and will not break. Frt & rear blocks use to break in our hands while shooting.
1) mag is not problem but deburr plastic follower & l wax it a bunch of times.
2) polish mag spring w/1500 paper.
3) run grease on rails for 500 rnds.
4) inspect feed ramp.
5) buy 9mm cartridge gage and gage even new ammo(l shoot outstanding reloads after 4 years of hard work).
6) IMO Shoot with both eyes open. Hold on w/good grip, db-9 is one of the straightest pistols l have ever shot, thank to the florida airboat building family who designed it.
7) I would not even shoot till erics trigger springs are installed, invented by the brillant mind of chris. These springs create the correct timing of db slide and gas blow back. Original one are limp with weak reset travel.
8) l use militec-1 oil from ebay, cheap and glock/kahr style db-9 loves to run dry.
9) install all gallowayprecision.com stuff. Buy it.
10) there are a few good tear-down youtubes and vids around if ya wanta learn tear-down.
11) See if chris will give up some secrets.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2015, 05:42:34 AM »
Well, it's mid May and has been 10 weeks since Diamondback received my DB9.  I haven't heard a word since the email saying they received the gun and it would take 8 to 10 weeks.  I guess I'm going out to the gate today and wait for it to come!  Probably be shooting it flawlessly this afternoon.

Diamondback Firearms