Author Topic: Got 7 Rounds In A Row Down Range - Felt Like I Won The Lottery  (Read 31734 times)

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Got 7 Rounds In A Row Down Range - Felt Like I Won The Lottery
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2016, 08:35:11 PM »
It's been almost a year now, since my first DB9.  I now have 3.  They all run great; no failures.  I shoot them all the time.  I can shoot them left handed, right handed, single handed or double handed.  From the info I gleaned from this forum, I developed a theory.  Probably wrong, but it has worked for me.  The DB9 is really a big 380.  They break from stress.  How can you ease the stress?  Go light.  So I picked up some 95 grain semi-jacketed bullets and began working a load from very light.  Once I reach a level just hot enough to cycle my old Ruger P85 100%, I started running them in the DB9.  All 3 guns run 100% on this load.  They are fast.  Recoil is greatly reduced.  Very accurate and no break downs; knock on wood.  Between the 3 guns, I have burned 1 eight-pound keg, and have started a second.  I can get around 4 to 5 thousand rounds from a keg.

Just so there is a picture, here is my visor rig! [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
nice set-up

phernandez254

• Hatchling
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2016, 12:25:30 AM »
@Stickfarm  buddy, I also have a YF Serial DB9 and trust me, that serial has no problems. You can shoot whatever you want in there. Mine has gone through the 300 rounds mark and believe it or not it has had ZERO failures. If you want the DB9 to be reliable, use the Blazer Brass FMJ for target shooting and any 115 grain hollow point for carry. There are two facts I do testify they exist, the first one is that the "walking sear pin" is going to be present in any serial including YF, and the second is the use of anything higher than 115 grain bullets greatly increases the chances of having a broken little gun at the end. I will never use not even 124g, and if you like your fingers, dont you dare to use +P or even worse +P+ Ammunition.

Stickfarm

• Red Diamond
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2021, 05:55:26 AM »
After, seven years of shooting the DB9s, my conclusion is they aren’t for everyone.  In fact, they aren’t for most.  For me, I still love them.  Over the years, most times a new shooter gave them a try, they had failures.  Even guys who shoot regularly, had problems.  My son, in the beginning, had lots of issues, but not now.  My advice to shooters having problems has been to quit aiming and shoot like your life is depending on it, be aggressive.  This greatly reduced failures with many shooters.  I haven’t shot the newer versions.  I don’t see failures dominating this forum like it use to, that’s a good thing.  I need another gun like I need another hole in my head so I’ll just stick with what I have.  I still want one though, it’s a sickness!

jayz64

• Red Diamond
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2021, 11:27:03 PM »
Don't have the DB9 but do have the DB380 & agree with your assessment of the feel & ergonomics of these little gems.....BUT.....you've go to be able to have confidence that they will go bang every time you pull the trigger before they're used as a CC gun.

Things I like about my DB380 are the same as you say about your 9.  Easy to conceal as a nice pocket gun.

boscobarbell

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2021, 09:03:41 PM »
I don't intend to use my DB9 Gen 4 as a "range gun," but I do enjoy shooting it and will likely cycle a few mags through it every now and then.  But I am aware of how a little gun like this can suffer the effects of the 9mm loads, so I've decided to run the ARX Inceptor rounds.  They shoot significantly lighter than any other SD ammo I've tried, and the gel tests and Paul Harrell "meat target" tests are impressive. 

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2021, 05:26:14 PM »
Tell me more about the ARX Inceptor rounds.  :main_good:

boscobarbell

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2021, 05:44:35 PM »
Tell me more about the ARX Inceptor rounds.  :main_good:

It's a solid copper/polymer fluted round that is barrier-blind.  Consistently hits FBI penetration depths and creates a wound channel bigger than FMJ.  The 9mm version is 65 gr, travels 1650 fps, and puts out 393 ft. lbs. while feeling like a .380 in terms of recoil.  Gel tests show impressive temporary cavities and good wound tracks.  Paul Harrell did a test on his meat target and the rounds shattered bone and tore up the meat/lung parts of the target. 

I think they are just about perfect for micro pistols that may not do well with hot and heavy loads after a period of time. 

Diamondback Firearms