Author Topic: Dang !  (Read 11989 times)

FrozenToe

• Hatchling
Dang !
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:05:11 PM »
The first two times I had my DB15P out it ran fine , although I did not put very many rounds out of it. I took it up to the range last week and problem city. I loaded a full 20 rd mag of 55gr fmj Rem rounds. I chambered a round and fired. The case ejected and the next round was chambered. I pulled the trigger and got a click. Tried to pull the charging handle back and found the bolt jammed. I pressured the charging handle latch on the edge of the bench and got it open and it ejected the unfired round. Then I loaded another mag with 55gr Pmc ammo. The same thing happened. Got home and tore it down and other than some brass on the bolt head I found nothing abnormal. Its a head scratcher. Maybe its getting too much gas I was thinking - but why did it run fine for the few rounds I fired before. I called DB and its going back to see if they can figure it out.

FrozenToe

• Hatchling
Re: Dang !
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »
Well the big brown truck finally returned my DB15P. The copy of the work order they included stated there was work on the feed ramp and a new firing pin was installed. Upon a tear down check I suppose the pin may be new , but I found nothing to indicate any work done on the feed ramp. What I did find was it looks like they polished the front of the bolt lugs. I cleaned and lubed it and remounted my Aim Point. Took it to the range this morning and put 80 rds out the barrel with perfect function. Boy , these are a "BLAST" to shoot. My thanks to the DB repair guys !

leafi

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:35:36 AM »
Mine was doing the same thing. Normally it was when I was manually charging the pistol the bolt would not fully lock forward and the round would jam in the chamber and it was a bear to get the round extracted.

Maybe Ill email them and send it in :-(

FrozenToe

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
Leafi , I would call them. The number is in your owners manual. I had to call them 3 times before they finally e-mailed me the shipping tag.

leafi

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
ok I guess when I have time I will need to start the process.

But it is not the feed ramps on mine. The round in is the chamber but the bolt is not locking. It is almost as if the barrel chamber is too tight and some rounds just wont feed all the way in. It is very hard to even extract the round. I have very little luck with the charging handle when this happens and I need to use a flat surfaced object such as a screw driver to pry on the bolt carrier from the ejection port to unlock the bolt. It is REALLY stuck. To complicate things I changed the charging handle to a side non reciprocating handle so I need to be careful about torquing it but it did this even before I changed the handle.

I also just added the SIIG SB15 pistol brace. I do not see how people use it like it is intended. When I strapped it to my arm I couldnt even see down my sights. All that it would be useful for me for is an end around the SBR law. Granted I kind of liked not having something there and in the way.... decisions decisions. I just wish 556 was cheaper so I could go shooting this more.

FrozenToe

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 06:30:33 PM »
It sounds like you are using factory ammo and not reloads so I guess the ammo is not the problem. Have you pulled the bolt and carrier and dropped in a round in a dry chamber to see if it binds? I have heard of burrs in chambers that cause problems. Shine a good light and have a good look in there. My turnaround from DB was around 6 weeks from when they received it.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 07:21:47 PM »
Hey FrozenToe, how have your range sessions been lately? The range I've been attending has changed their membership policy, so unless they don't have official activities scheduled, such as LEO training and such, it's the only time that paying guests can attend now. Plus it's an hours drive to get there. I actually have looked to buy some land where I can shoot and it's impossible!!

FrozenToe

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
I have around 400 rds out the barrel so far and its runnin smooth. Last time out I was firing some 62 gr fmj over 24.9 grs of H335. BIG fireball flash = cool . But I find 55 grainers a bit more accurate. I run a Ainpoint with a magnifier. I have about a 25 minute drive to my range with no access problems. Rifle range out to 300 yds & 25 yd pistol range all for $26 a year. They even keep the range nicely cleared of snow , the DEEP stuff we get which is comin back too soon. Low of 44 tonite and the leaves are changing already......

Diamondback Firearms