Author Topic: Muzzle Device  (Read 9999 times)

FrozenToe

• Hatchling
Muzzle Device
« on: October 09, 2014, 06:23:38 PM »
While the thing on the end of the barrel of my DB15P sure looks nice I am really not sure what its use is. A brake ? - It does not seem to releve any recoil. A flash hider ? Come on ! it sure dont hide that 7.5 fireball. So I was thinking on a replacment. I have a Troy Claymore on another rifle that I like alot. It reduces recoil and directs the muzzle blast down range. But it just would not look as nice as the thing thats on there now. Has anyone replaced their thing ? What did you go with and how does it work for you.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Muzzle Device
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:49:51 PM »
I left the original on mine since I can use it to core apples.  :main_tongue:

Here's one that's different for a linear compensator.  http://www.kineti-tech.com/kineti-tech-muzzle-brake-with-sound-redirect-with-13-16-x-16-threaded-sleeve-2-piece/

Dirt Bag

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:07:26 PM »
I would like to change the flash hider out, How do I remove the tube?

Raney

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:14:18 AM »

Hey man, did you figure out how to do it?

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 10:20:47 AM »
A 7.5" AR Pistol is definitely loud and the concussion is an issue to shooters left and right, if not the shooter himself when firing from the hip. I remedied the issue with a linear compensator, basically a hunk of steel with holes only in the front, not on the sides, to direct all sound and fire downrange.  They range in price from $28 to well over $100, I went with the basic linear comp from
 https://digitals-ar-products.myshopify.com/collections/ar-15-parts/products/ar-15-linear-compensator-223-5-56
and am very happy with the results.  No noticeable increase in recoil, very noticeable increase in decibles from the shooters' perspective
Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 11:12:57 AM »
No noticeable increase in recoil, very noticeable increase in decibles from the shooters' perspective

I hope you meant 'decrease' in decibels.

SteveQinKC

• Sidewinder
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:58 AM »
I hope you meant 'decrease' in decibels.

Oops, thanks for catching that misstatement, I should have said,  from the shooters perspective much quieter, from the bad guys' perspective, not so much.  And I can now fire from the hip without blowing the ball hat off my head!

SteveQinKC

• Sidewinder
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 11:59:59 AM »

Simple, its not welded on, I used the slot on my AR tool that's for muzzle breaks, and just twisted it off. Mine had a crush washer so it wasn't much of a struggle. 

Diamondback Firearms