Author Topic: A Hot, Sweaty, Sunday Afternoon...  (Read 1346 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
A Hot, Sweaty, Sunday Afternoon...
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:14:09 PM »
I walked outside this morning and knew it was going to be a hot, miserable day. Yes, the very day I wished for during our cold, miserable winter. I am so hard to please! So just when I think I'll hang out in the A/C, the call came to repair a bathroom sink. It was the wife. I dropped everything (well, nothing but couch time) to save my sanity. The fantastic Home Depot junk turns out to give me some real trouble, and several attempts at getting the new drain to stop leaking. What the hey, I say! Turns out that a threaded sleeve was loose and a little thread sealer and elbow grease fixed that. I felt stupid before deciding to blame Home Depot in order to save face. An hour later it's all fixed and life is good. What next?

It's off to the TV to see Danica Patrick uninspire me. I really can't follow and pull for anyone any harder, but she doesn't listen to me. I want her to be more aggressive. Get to the bleeding edge of racing and take out those super heros like I know she wants. But can't quite get there. They're at Dover today, and somehow she came from 2 laps down to running in 14th as I type. That's pretty much like a win for her! Damn I want her to do well, but does she have it in her is the question. She's as Tom-Boy as they get, but she needs some +P+ ammo in her bag to make the big-boy grade. Perhaps more time will help?  Only 19 cars on the lead lap and she's still 14th. Hot damn, Danica, hang in there so the naysayers with crap themselves, then of course, take off your clothes in victory!

Oops, 15th now as I type. Looks like the clothes are going to stay on. Dammit, Danica. LOL

:main_lol:

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms