Author Topic: Trigger Broke  (Read 21784 times)

Thatguymoose

• Hatchling
Re: Trigger Broke
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2015, 07:06:59 PM »
Oh man, that's crazy. I hope you get yours back before I do, and it won't have to go back again. Are you getting canned responses from them or no communication at all?

HEY DIAMONDBACK CUSTOMER SERVICE - YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2015, 10:36:43 PM »
No communication at all.

Based on their BATFE production figures (ARs, ARs, ARs), and the lack of participation by corporate reps here (aside from promoting liquidation of magazine stocks that were probably consigned to Taurus, before the break), they don't look like they're especially interested in a future in original handgun designs.
FTF...Failure to Fire, or Failure to Feed? FTE...Failure to Extract, or Failure to Eject?

Thatguymoose

• Hatchling
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2015, 10:58:45 PM »
Sure wish I had found this forum before I purchased a DB9. I guess I will hold out some hope for a positive resolution for the both of us in the long run... Maybe it won't be a really long run. Keep us posted on yours, I'm going to be a squeaky wheel as time goes on...

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »
Squeaky wheel worked for the fire dawg.

My philosophy is a competent organization will behave competently--FIFO: first in, first out.

Draw your own conclusions.

Thatguymoose

• Hatchling
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »
Steve912 - Any updates on your DB9? Are you STILL waiting???

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 03:59:52 PM »
Nada, my friend.  Still waiting.

Flips256

• Hatchling
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 04:51:12 PM »
My DB9 did the exact same thing. Trigger broke at the range. Prior to that I experienced numerous ftf's, stove pipes, misfires and you name it. I could never get through 2 magazines without something disrupting fire. I will never be comfortable carrying this weapon as not one time did it prove to be dependable.

I have shipped it back to DB and received an automated message saying it will be 10-12 weeks before it will be ready...WTF kind of customer service is that??  :Main_thumbdown2:

In the meantime I purchased a Kahr CM9. Very comparable in size but that's where the comparison ends. I've put about 400 rounds through her without one iota of trouble.  :main_good:

This is a real and reliable weapon.

I'm hoping that once the DB9 comes back to me that I can find someone that wants to buy it. It's not a weapon I can trust and honestly the Company either has a MAJOR problem with bad guns, hence their 12 week turnaround or they have no clue how to take care of their customers.

Thatguymoose

• Hatchling
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 12:15:31 AM »
I just received the UPS tracking number saying my DB9 will be here Wednesday. I will test and report back here once it is in hand. Steve912, any update on yours?

Steve912

• Red Diamond
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2016, 09:35:05 AM »
I checked with LGS around end of January, just to make sure
they hadn't received it and forgot to call me. They checked,
still logged out to DB. Gal called DB and they told her they'd
check and call back. I stuck around a couple of hours and
no call-back by that point. 

I'll check with LGS today.

Thatguymoose

• Hatchling
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
If you have the serial I would start emailing the info address often. Seems to have worked for me. I had no luck with phone calls.

GLOCK17DB

• Hatchling
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2016, 06:37:05 PM »
So I just got home from the range! My Gen 2 DB9 would not cycle through a full magazine of WWB without a FTF(basically all were stove pipes). So i started to back down 1 round per cycle to see if I could have some limited success. When I was down to 4 or 3 rounds loaded in the magazine it would cycle through until empty. I was about 2/3 of the way through a box of 100 rounds when i squeezed the trigger and it was mush!! Could not get the slide off either. So I guess I will call DB tomorrow and request a UPS label to send it back for repairs. On the plus side my newly repaired(light strikes)DB380 Gen 2 functioned flawlessly for a complete box of 50 Blazer Brass. :main_thumbs_2up:

Joe

• Hatchling
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »
I just joined this forum looking for help with my DB9.  After getting it back from the factory for FTE/stove piping/general jamming issues, the trigger broke off.  Also had some light primer strikes (before trigger broke). 

I've repeatedly tried to call and also sent an email over a week ago.  Is anyone having any luck getting help?  The first time it went in for repairs, they were not very helpful.  Now, no service at all. 

Is there a Diamondback representative that monitors this forum? 

I would like to get it repaired so I can either sell it or just keep it in my tackle box for a back-up (certainly will not be trusting for daily carry after this).  If I can't get it fixed, my friend (who has a gun shop) wants to put it in his gun case to show people why he doesn't sell their product. 

Any help would be appreciated.

GLOCK17DB

• Hatchling
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2016, 07:46:23 PM »
i emailed them first then talked to a very nice woman by the name of Kimmy. No problems other than the broken trigger, FTF's, magazine issues and  6 -8 weeks for repair but I've gotten used to it. They are trying to do the best they can I imagine.

Joe

• Hatchling
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2016, 10:19:03 PM »
UPDATE:

Since posting, I was able to get through to Kimmy on the phone.  I agree as others have posted that she was very helpful.  It sounds like DiamondBack is trying to do better.  She said that they had just two people answering the phones and emails, which may explain the slow response times.

I explained to her about the trigger breaking.  She acted surprised (like she had not heard of it before).  I explained that there were multiple instances on this forum about broken triggers on this pistol.  She sent a UPS return label right away.  She also said that they were "caught up" and would be able to work on the pistol as soon as it arrived. 

I'm not holding my breath.  Will keep you guys posted.
Joe

Thatguymoose

• Hatchling
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2016, 10:31:30 PM »
Hey Steve912, are they caught up yet? I have mine back all repaired and everything. I have shot three mags though it and it hasn't broke yet. I kinda think maybe the best way to keep it from breaking is to leave it in the safe...

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not rushing to find out.

Diamondback Firearms