Author Topic: db300s  (Read 6038 times)

cwsmith13d

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Casa Grande, Arizona
db300s
« on: January 07, 2016, 03:53:50 AM »
Ok guys so i just got a new 300s and am torn and looking for advice on optic setup im thinking of a flip magnifier and like a acog or aimpoint but theres so many options lets hear what yall think

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: db300s
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
If it's for defensive use, I like the Aimpoint T1 style 2 MOA red dot. Holosun also has some, and well as Primary Arms. 50k hrs battery life, too.

For magnification I like the combo scopes that can work as a red dot on 1x. 1-4x or 1-5x illuminated scopes are becoming the rage. Not the best of both worlds, but at least it's both worlds. Beats swapping out optics for hunting and CQB defensive use. Much heavier, though, as most will be in the 16+ oz range.

I've had several, including the new Vortex 1-6x. I thought the glass had too much fish-eye. My favorite is the Hi-Lux CMR 1-4x which has a nice reticle, and pretty close to a true 1x. I've tried the Leupold 1-4x illuminated, but didn't like the fat reticle, which I believe they made that way to accommodate the tiny illuminated center dot. Also tried the Vortex Crossfire II with a first focal plane reticle, but didn't like the reticle at 4x. My scope search goal was to stay under $500 and be able to do precision shooting at 100 yds, and have the second benefit of illumination for dark backgrounds and 1x for closer targets.

Hi-Lux reticles:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

CMR_Regular_Reticle.jpgdb300s
* CMR_Regular_Reticle.jpg (36.53 kB . 600x600 - viewed 1271 times)

cwsmith13d

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Casa Grande, Arizona
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 02:25:05 AM »
groovy man check you inbox i sent you a pm on what im trying to do and looking for a opinion on how to fix a issue im having

cwsmith13d

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Casa Grande, Arizona
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:55:02 PM »
Hey the block is .830 in gonna send it to your email also brother

cwsmith13d

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Casa Grande, Arizona
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:11:53 PM »
Hey man the gas block came in today I'll take before and after pics during the install I'm off tonight so it's my project fingers crossed I don't mess anything up

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:37:32 PM »
Hey man the gas block came in today I'll take before and after pics during the install I'm off tonight so it's my project fingers crossed I don't mess anything up

Thank goodness there's a money-back guarantee on it!  :main_tongue:

cwsmith13d

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Casa Grande, Arizona
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:27:51 PM »
Ok just got it installed and why oh why do they make the a2 pins so hard to knock out omg what a pain in the ass

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 05:36:46 AM »
My neighbor just bought a TRS-25 and I liked it enough to buy my own. Still waiting on it to arrive. It's the AR version, so comes with the riser, and the emitter is located at 6 o'clock instead of 4 o'clock. I'll put this dot on the Sig MCX and switch it out with a 3-9x scope for range use, depending on what range and what I'm doing. The lightweight red dot sights keep the rifle pretty lightweight and easy to handle. If I'm hunting game, then the 300 BLK is on my back with the Hi-Lux 1-4x illuminated scope attached (awesome scope, BTW). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :main_cheesy:

cwsmith13d

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Casa Grande, Arizona
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 12:55:21 PM »
Hey whatever makes you happy brother u gotta be honest I may not even keep my 300 it's heavy and the rounds are expensive inthink I jumped on the 300 trend without having a real use for it other than want I got a friend who's wanting to buy my rifle off me as is for 1000$ and that's about what I got in it maybe a little less plus he has a 10mm glock he said he'd give me plus 300$ cash if I'd rather go that way and in thinking hard about it unless you wanna buy it or know somebody who's looking for one

C

Diamondback Firearms