Author Topic: DB9 Threaded Barrel WANTED  (Read 7634 times)

executiveoffice

• Hatchling
DB9 Threaded Barrel WANTED
« on: May 31, 2016, 02:21:02 PM »
I am looking to buy a threaded DB9 barrel or a compensated one.

Any help? Anyone have?

Short Bus

• Hatchling
Re: DB9 Threaded Barrel WANTED
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
I have never seen a threaded DB9 barrel, I've seen compensated DB9s, but not threaded. Why would you want one? I'm guessing for a suppressor. IMO the DB9 seen small to put a can on, but to each their own.

executiveoffice

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:19:01 AM »
Yes compensated works to. Doesnt need to be threaded. And yes its for a can.

Short Bus

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 07:32:05 PM »
I would contact Diamondback to see if they'll sell you a compensated barrel. They are out of stock, but here's a pic of a gen. 1 https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_923/products_id/72975

executiveoffice

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 02:55:08 AM »
doesnt the compensated barrel have slits? How am i to have it threaded myself with those there?

Short Bus

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 09:15:49 AM »
You said compensated works too, I don't think you'll find a threaded barrel, there isn't much aftermarket support for the DB9

bcottun

• Red Diamond
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »
Shortbus, the DB9 threaded barrels, if you can find one, are for a proprietary silencer DB built a few years ago.  Last I heard, DB is no longer stocking or building DB9 silencers. 

I was fortunate enough to get one of their compensated barrels.  The barrel is a 1/4" longer than the stock barrel, has one horizontal 1/16" wide slit across the top quarter of the barrel about an 1/8" from tip of the barrel.  I would not risk threading a compensated barrel for a can.

Not saying the compensator makes a whole lot of difference, but it was my impression the first time I fired the comped barrel that the gun did not rise as much as it did with a stock barrel.  Even comped, this little gun still jumps more that my Colt 45.  That said, it is a ton of fun to shoot, for a clip or two.

Since I have put a few hundred rounds through the comped barrel, I  won't be switching back to the stock barrel.  While the comped barrel did add a quarter inch to the overall length, I still use the same DeSantes pocket holster I used on my Ruger LCP.

In spite of a few bumps and grinds along the way, I am well satisfied with my DB9.

~JM~

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »
Who manufactures subsonic 9mm ammo that weighs 125gr. or less?

Cannot picture a Can on a DB9.

Diamondback Firearms