Author Topic: DB380 Gen2 constant failure to feed  (Read 18851 times)

gene814

• NRA Benefactor Mbr
  • Sidewinder
Re: DB380 Gen2 constant failure to feed
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 11:09:07 PM »
Which Keltec spring did you use? The recoil spring For the p3at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saintnowhere

• Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 06:28:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure its the wolff keltec magazine springs he used, he can correct me if i'm wrong. 

Anyway i have had the new DB30 2 tone stainless gen 2 for alittle while now. I have about 300 rounds through it.
There are some slight changes to the design, the trigger disconnector bar seems to be hardened now, and the feed ramp is wider and polished better. I started with cheapo tulaammo to do a rough break in and wear down any burrs quickly. no surprise that had many feed issues. then i changed to winchester white box flat point stuff, no surprise either feed issues. first 3 rounds had issues last 4 perfect. seems to be a familiar issue lol.  tried some federal same issue, tried some sig fmj ammo little better same issue. then i tried some Barnes tac-xpd 80gr solid copper, kind of pricey. worked flawlessly full mag + in the chamber thought it was a fluke, ran 40 rounds perfect. i think i found my carry ammo. have not tried hornady yet. but it seems my gun has expensive tastes. the oal is slightly shorter in the tac stuff then the rest i think that might be the issue and the ammo did not seem to cycle as fast due to the 80gr being lighter. At least so far it seems it can be reliable. will try more later and report back.
A smart man learns from his mistakes, A wise man learns from others mistakes.

Boomer1023

• Hatchling
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 10:57:55 PM »
Yes the keltec mag spring. Sorry

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Diamondback Firearms