Author Topic: What would you like to see us come out with next?  (Read 3984 times)

bcottun

• Red Diamond
Re: What would you like to see us come out with next?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 04:42:15 PM »
How about a DB9 with extended mag, night sights, ported barrel, Cody tested, and a last round lock back?  Wait a minute, I have one of those...except for the lock back.  Okay, how about my DB9 with a last round lock back?  I would buy it again.

Thank you DB!!!

SteveQinKC

• 3 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Pygmy Rattler
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
How about a DB9 with extended mag, night sights, ported barrel, Cody tested, and a last round lock back?  Wait a minute, I have one of those...except for the lock back.  Okay, how about my DB9 with a last round lock back?  I would buy it again.

Thank you DB!!!

I don't want porting but agree on everything else.  I also realize there is a reason that the last round lock back wasn't designed in, as the weight of any metal parts like a slide release, would have exceeded the overall weight goal, pushing it up nearer competitors like the PF9.  However, I too would be willing to bear that small increase. 

I don't understand their reluctance on producing a matching +1 extension, their profit margin on it would be almost as much as what they make on the entire pistol, turning a bunch of past customers into buyers again, without having to find a whole new customer.  If it doesn't come stock, it doesn't add to their weight spec, yet overcomes a whole lot of objections versus the competition, like a Shield, Nano, LC9, PF9, that have that extra round.  They need to hire me to grow sales, I'd be happy to move to Florida, winter is getting closer here in Kansas City. 
Diamondback DB9, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

BReno

• Sidewinder
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 11:48:17 PM »
Make a SBR version of the DB9RPB10!

BReno

• Sidewinder
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »
9.5” version of the Elite handguard for the pistol version ARs.

Fharing45

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 01:23:29 PM »
8-9" AR in large  caliber  450 bushmaster or 50 Beowulf. Same handguard you have on the blackout pistol. Add a arm brace. :main_thumbs_2up:

Holiday009

• Hatchling
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 03:12:22 PM »
DB40 with stainless slide  :main_thumbs_2up:

SteveQinKC

• 3 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Pygmy Rattler
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:30 AM »
Nothing Exotic, very simple, a plus one mag for the DB9, so my pinkie has a home, that matches the OEM grip pattern/stippling of the DB9 .

Also helps the DB9 compete on a feature for feature basis with Shield, Nano, etc. 

The two mag extensions on the market now just don't cut it, the Pearce extension isn't well designed and the other one on the market from ccw mfg is well designed but cost is $40 each. At $40, it should already come preinstalled on a spare mag at the very least, or two extensions for that price?  Bet DB would have a higher margin % on an extended mag than you get on the guns themselves!

PS - My DB9 wish list also includes a tritium front sight, painting them with Glow On just doesn't cut it.

Everything I said back then still stands and has been proven by Diamondback when you started selling the CCW mag extension on the DiamondbackFirearms site for a more reasonable $ 29, and it sold out.  It doesnt take a marketing genius to figure out there is clearly a $30/mag market for a 7 round mag!  How hard would it be to design the matching extension and have the supplier who is already supplying the molded polymer flat mag bases, make a run of matching extensions? Its not about the round count, its about giving your pinkie a home.

Big Daddy

• Hatchling
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 11:31:43 PM »
Replacement trigger springs stronger than factory ones for my DB9. Galloway made them and quit. I have had several failures to reset. I spread the factory ones a little wider apart and that has done the trick for now. But who knows for how long?

Big Daddy

• Hatchling
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2018, 10:59:40 PM »
Change DB9 magazine followers with a stronger plastic. Yours get chewed up very quickly using ammo that does not harm all my other brand firearms.KIMG0189.JPGWhat would you like to see us come out with next?
* KIMG0189.JPG (25.23 kB . 700x393 - viewed 239 times)

Tim S

• Hatchling
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »
Question for a DiamondBack Rep:  With this thread started back last 2/17, has any of these requests been implemented?  I have been watching this thread for a year, as I am interested in a DB9, but was curious if any new features have been added, thus creating a Gen3?  Thanks!  -Tim

DB

• Sidewinder
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2018, 01:37:17 PM »
We came out with the AM2, even though its still going through some changes. We released the DB1547 (7.62x39). The DB9 is still going through some changes. Some things take a year or sometimes longer to plan and test new ideas. We still have a few things in the works so stay tuned.

Tim S

• Hatchling
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »
Thank you for your quick reply.  With a "few things in the works," do you have a timeline on releasing any info about the new DB9 version?  I'm very interested in purchasing one,  pending on how long of a wait for the new release to be revealed.

If you're still looking for suggestions, how about the capability of adding a Crimson Trace to a DB9. 

pecospuppy

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 06:06:58 PM »
We released the DB1547 (7.62x39).

Thanks!  I noticed from the specs that the twist is 1:9.5

Why?  I thought the heavier the bullet weight the lower the twist (value).  For example, a 55 grain 5.56 round likes the 1:9, but a 77 grain would perform better with a 1:8.

This seems to go the other way.  I'm just learning this stuff so I welcome more information.

DBNine Owner

• Hatchling
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
DB,

Would love to have a factory flat magazine base for the DB9...........that would be awesome!!

DBNine Owner

DB

• Sidewinder
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
yay or nay on a more profound beaver tail on the DB920180918_122252.jpgWhat would you like to see us come out with next?
* 20180918_122252.jpg (96.37 kB . 700x933 - viewed 72 times)

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms