Author Topic: What would you like to see us come out with next?  (Read 18455 times)

DB

• Red Diamond
What would you like to see us come out with next?
« on: February 22, 2017, 04:35:05 PM »
What would you like to see us come out with next?

What would you like to see us change? DB9,DB380,DB15,DB300 ie grip style,handguards, you name it.

Just a heads up, we are working on the 6.5 grendel, 7.62x39, 6.8 spc, 338 FED, 6.5 creedmoor.

DIAMONDBACK FIREARMS really appreciates all of your ideas and the support you've shown (even during the hard times) Thank you and we look forward to hearing yalls ideas, even the crazy ones CHRIS!

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: What would you like to see us come out with next?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:03:33 PM »
I always wanted to see the 7.62x39 uppers, and you bought into it! Yes! Too bad I just finished a 7.62x39 build, or I'd be all over it. Check it out at http://commonbullets.com/wp/archives/2155

Note the upper receiver. It's a side charger and I believe it'll be the next boon for the AR platform. This particular one needs no custom bolt carriers or pins. Works with any bolt carrier as-is.

Note the barrel. Full target crown, custom designed bolt that's 35% beefier, and a matching barrel extension. This came from AR15Performance, and it's been super accurate. I haven't shot it yet after adding the side charger, and I couldn't break the hex bolts free to remove the charging handle in order to face the receiver. Hopefully it's square to the bore, but we'll see on the next outing. I would normally face the upper enough to align the gas tube within torque specs, and that would also square the face to the bore, assuming the barrel extension ring is also square and precision ground. In this upper's case, the gas tube aligned properly at 40 ft.lbs of torque, so within specs. Hopefully it's square.

I've been using C Products 7.62x39 magazines and they've been great.

I'm also glad to see the 6.5 Grendel on the list. But boy, talk about price shifts. You can get Russian Grendel ammo just like the steel cased 7.62x39 and at about the same price, which is great! However, make the jump to 6.5 Grendel in brass cased ammo, and you're suddenly close to a buck a shot. Ouch. Two different animals, as well, with the 7.62x39 being a close range offering, say out to 300 yards, where the 6.5 Grendel is a high velocity round that is great for long distance precision shooting. Guess it just depends on what you're wanting to do with it. For hunting most popular game, the 7.62x39 would be my choice.

TulAmmo has re-introduced to America, via SG Ammo, the 124 gr 8M3. That's their fragmenting bullet that works as advertised. Check out the gel videos. Just awesome for self defense rounds. Massive permanent wound channel with a total penetration of about 14". I also see this as a great hunting round, but no experience with it in that role.

Bottom line here... DB is paying attention and producing what the consumer's want. Just awesome. However, I still can't convince Cody to make me a pocket DB10. What could go wrong??

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »
Pocket 10mm  :main_undecided_ncc: maybe just one for you to test?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:34:22 PM »
Pocket 10mm  :main_undecided_ncc: maybe just one for you to test?

Let me find a friend first. I'll be there with him, but in the parking lot.  :main_whistling:

catfish

• Sidewinder
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
Night sights and more holsters

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 07:48:14 PM »
A double stack DB 9 and DB 380.  I believe you should do this because so many folks want more than just a six shot semi.  The DB 9 and 380 is so light, I think it would be perfect for this - as the added weight should not put it up so high as to lose business because of weight.  It would also a bit more size to the grip, making it easier to shoot.

That or fix the mags that you already have...with grip extensions that would include the pinkie finger (as in the Pearce grip extensions) and fix the springs so folks don't have to spend more $$ on Wolff springs.

And night sights like Catfish stated!

Added:  slide lock - to get those pesky FTF out when they jam in there so tight
     (last round hold open would also be helpful, but a slide lock won't add that much more weight)

Rusty56

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
I'd love to see a . Ar platform in .243 cal....that's my wish....lol

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »
How about a plus one grip extension for the db380

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 11:19:17 AM »
Nothing Exotic, very simple, a plus one mag for the DB9, so my pinkie has a home, that matches the OEM grip pattern/stippling of the DB9 .

Also helps the DB9 compete on a feature for feature basis with Shield, Nano, etc. 

The two mag extensions on the market now just don't cut it, the Pearce extension isn't well designed and the other one on the market from ccw mfg is well designed but cost is $40 each. At $40, it should already come preinstalled on a spare mag at the very least, or two extensions for that price?  Bet DB would have a higher margin % on an extended mag than you get on the guns themselves!

PS - My DB9 wish list also includes a tritium front sight, painting them with Glow On just doesn't cut it.

Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

Turtle2113

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 08:58:47 AM »
I'd also love to own a .243 Ar produced by you guys! It'd be sick!
Would also REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see some precision triggers and some weight reduction in the ar platforms, doesn't have to be groundbreaking!
This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.
DB15EFDE (1st time AR owner)
DNT STEP ON SNEK

Fleetmon

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 07:27:52 AM »
I'd like to see an AK-rifle/pistol 7.62 x 39mm built by Diamondback. 

I'm new to the DB9's but own two now, an "E" and an "H"....great pocket pistol!

IronDavy

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »
How about something in 40 S&W? :main_thumbup_ncc:

maxblockm

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 03:28:41 AM »
Another vote for a DB9 pinky extension, and these are different companies, but it would be great if you worked with Techna Clip to get them to make a left handed version for the DB9, and with ArmaLaser to make a TR series sight.

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback and we are working on a few things.
We did just release the DB308 GenII that is lighter than our original DB10.
We still have a few other things in the works! :main_thumbs_2up:

ockgator

• Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 01:33:52 AM »
A reliable DB9 would be a great first step

Diamondback Firearms