Author Topic: DB380 2nd Gen (ZK serial number)  (Read 4376 times)

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
DB380 2nd Gen (ZK serial number)
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:45:31 PM »
I picked up another DB380 (new this time) from Rural King for the same price I got my used one from Gander Mtn.  Finally took the new one to the range and ran around 50 rounds through it.  Only one issue with one round that didn't fire (attempted twice), so all in all, very happy with it.
And the wife likes it also...

fyi - I put a Hogue HandAll BGS for Glock 42/43, (Hogue grip FDE) on it and it worked out also.  No issues with fit, although the finger groove isn't great for me, it worked for my wife.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: DB380 2nd Gen (ZK serial number)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
I think the z series gen 2 are good.  I have a zg gen 2 which has been very good

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:35:35 AM »
Sorry, but I would disagree...I have a ZH Gen 2 that was a total lemon until I came here and tried all the different fixes to finally get it to work reliably (changing mag springs [Wolff], adding grip tape, running over 200 rounds through it to insure 'break-in').  I was happy that it finally came around and started to be dependable...I would have never bought another if it hadn't. 

I was actually surprised that the ZK worked so well...but then again, I wonder if I used a normal, non-Wolff spring mag in it if those pesky failure to feed would appear.  I'll have to check if I have any that I haven't 'fixed'.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »
Keep posting,  thanks.

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »
I was actually surprised that the ZK worked so well...but then again, I wonder if I used a normal, non-Wolff spring mag in it if those pesky failure to feed would appear.

Well, I did have one mag that I didn't have a Wolff spring for...so I brought it to the range this week.  And wow, failure to feed like crazy, in both DB380s.  I also found that the Houge grip is better than the Grip Tape, so off to buy another for my original DB380 in black.

Diamondback Firearms