Author Topic: Well just broke my DB9  (Read 625 times)

kf6ivi

• "just a peon"
  • Hatchling
Well just broke my DB9
« on: April 14, 2017, 03:39:55 PM »
 I was at the range shooting and the lower part of the slide broke off.  the part that holds the recoil spring in place.  There is some oil in the break like it had cracked and then later broke.

This is an  YC  version.

Ethan
The new guy.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Well just broke my DB9
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:17:52 PM »
Diamondback will replace it for you. They have good customers service

kf6ivi

• "just a peon"
  • Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
I not the first owner, so I not sure if they will replace it for the second  owner? 
I have emailed them and left a phone massage.  will see.

if not it has been a good run, three years of carry with it.

Ethan

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:45:24 AM »
Keep posting updates if you would.

kf6ivi

• "just a peon"
  • Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:48:46 AM »
I just got an email back from diamondback.  A new slide is $75 dollars.

I guess it not under warranty.  I am the 2nd owner.  I was hoping that they would step up and cover it.

I will fix it; however I am now looking for a new pocket pistol I am looking at the Kahr p380 or the sig p238.  yes I know they are 380.  but I need light weight and on the stupid California pistol roster.  The only way I can get a diamondback pistol is 2nd hand and then it has no warranty.

Ethan

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
$75 is not a bad price for a new slide. I have one of those kahr p380s. It is a well made pistol

Fleetmon

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 10:56:02 AM »
And the Diamondbacks are very simple to repair in the event something happens.

I have the Kahrs as well.....the 380 carries nice but the PM9 is just a tad large for my pockets which is what took me to the DB9's in the first place.image.jpgWell just broke my DB9

Fleetmon

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »
I would take the Kahr 380 over the Sig 238 for carry IMO.....the Kahr is striker-fired and no safety to fuss with whereas the 238 is single-action and requires cocked & locked for best carry.  Kahrs are smoother for pocket carry since a hammer could snag the pocket liner.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
I would take the Kahr 380 over the Sig 238 for carry IMO.....the Kahr is striker-fired and no safety to fuss with whereas the 238 is single-action and requires cocked & locked for best carry.  Kahrs are smoother for pocket carry since a hammer could snag the pocket liner.
I completely agree

Fleetmon

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 07:57:56 AM »
The Kahr 380's are the best for my pocket gun......however, I'm going to do everything I can to make a pocket-9 work for me.  I'm waiting on parts for this one (YE  cam block, aka front slide rail) and I have a new YF pistol aside that I will pick up today.
image.jpgWell just broke my DB9

gene814

• Sidewinder
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
What about a Ruger LCP or LCP II ?  They work fine and are very light.

gene814

• Sidewinder
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:27 AM »
Also. I thought DB has a lifetime warranty. My trigger broke and they replaced the whole DB9   free.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 11:28:44 AM »
Any Glock 42 fans?

kf6ivi

• "just a peon"
  • Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:00 AM »
I have ordered a new slide on 4/18, still no shipping information given.

I am the second owner so I am not covered under the warranty. It only applies to the first owner. 
They did say if I shipped the DB9 back they may cover it under warranty.  The cost to ship it back was over $75 bucks.  So ship it back and hope they cover it?
Or just buy a new slide?   I just bought a new slide. It's lot less hassle then shipping the Gun back  :main_undecided_ncc:

I would like the Ruger LCP 1 or 2 however I live in a state (stupid California)  where the firearm must be on a hand gun roster to buy new. The Ruger LCP are not on the list.  I would end up with the same problem of no real warranty because I would be the second owner. 

I am strongly looking at the Khar P380.  I already have a khar p45 and really like it.

Just waiting for the slide to show up.  I miss having a pocket pistol :main_sad_ncc:

Ethan

Fleetmon

• Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »
I am in the process of repairing one (YE).....Kim sent the trigger group parts I need ($55) but ended up buying one at my lgs (YH....thought it was a "F" but nope).  I've put just shy of forty rounds through it today and not a hesitation.  I wish I had taken a photo with it.....the brass was in a pile in a circle about the size of a trash can lid.....twice; twenty rounds at one target and moved to another target and the pile moved with it.....I've got 1911's that cost xxx times the Diamondback and brass is grouped about the same.image.jpgWell just broke my DB9

Notable Sites

Pocket Guns And Gear USA Made 7.62x39 Firearms

Sale/Auctions

Gunbroker Guns America Arms List Gun Auction Top Gun Auctions

Diamondback Store

Upper Receivers Rifle Accessories Handgun Accessories Misc Accessories Apparel Barrels Magazines Main