Author Topic: DB15EFDE  (Read 6401 times)

STXAg09

• Hatchling
DB15EFDE
« on: April 26, 2017, 11:01:39 PM »
I just received my Diamondback AR and took it to the range. After shooting 7 different ammo types I was unable to get any semblance of a decent group. I even had other people shoot to see if I was pulling shots. No one could get a group.

Anyone else have this problem or an ammo type that solved this problem?

superbeau

• Red Diamond
Re: DB15EFDE
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 12:25:52 PM »
Check out my thread: www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=4180.0

I cover ammo in posts #3, 13, 21 and 25. I'd recommend trying the American Eagle Tipped-Varmint 223 (50 gr) stuff since it's cheap and shoots pretty darn well out of many different types of rifles, my DB15CCB included.

I'll also say that, for me, changing the trigger springs to lighten it up made a big difference in my accuracy and only costs about $15. I covered that topic in the same thread, post #19.

Hope that helps!

jasonb1983

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:05:49 PM »
I just received my Diamondback AR and took it to the range. After shooting 7 different ammo types I was unable to get any semblance of a decent group. I even had other people shoot to see if I was pulling shots. No one could get a group.

Anyone else have this problem or an ammo type that solved this problem?

I also recently purchased the elite model with the 1:8 twist barrel which is different then the other models. I have put roughly 750 rounds through it hoping it was a barrel break in issue but I have the same issue as you. I tried about 5 different factory rounds all different weights and they all behave exactly the same. I have tried multiple optics and the best I can do is a 5-6 inch group at 50 yards. At first I thought it was me jerking it due to the million pound trigger so I replaced it with a geissele trigger ssa-e over the weekend and had the exact same results. I am no expert marksman but when I shoot my friends rock river and daniel defense I have no problem shooting inside 1 inch at 50 yards. I also let my friend who is a shooting junkie shoot 100s of rounds this weekend and he also sprayed everything at 5-6 inches at 50 yards. I left a voicemail with support but there is clearly something wrong. Maybe they received a bad batch of 1:8 twist barrels.

Jason

jasonb1983

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:47 PM »
Check out my thread: www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=4180.0

I cover ammo in posts #3, 13, 21 and 25. I'd recommend trying the American Eagle Tipped-Varmint 223 (50 gr) stuff since it's cheap and shoots pretty darn well out of many different types of rifles, my DB15CCB included.

I'll also say that, for me, changing the trigger springs to lighten it up made a big difference in my accuracy and only costs about $15. I covered that topic in the same thread, post #19.

Hope that helps!

superbeau your thread is/was super helpful. Thanks for taking to the time to document all of that. Unfortunately our rifles have a different barrel and I would be happy with your worst results...

Jason

SavsPaw

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 06:24:31 AM »
Was having issues with mine. They only installed the barrel nut hand tight. Had a qualified gunsmith do the work to correct the problem. I love the rifle, but it seems Diamond back has hired (Renta Drunks) for their Quality control.

jasonb1983

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »
I sent mine back for them to look at it a week or two ago. Will update once I hear back. I tend to think its something like you mentioned as I actually had my hand guard detach at the range. That clearly wasn't installed tight enough from the factory. As long as I get my gun back and it doesn't shoot 10MOA anymore I'll be a happy camper.

Mopar forever

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
I am also having problems with my groups shooting like 7moa at 50 yards. I have a 1n9 twist barrel I have tried 5 different 55gn bullets I also bought some 75gn and 62gn to also try I'm kinda upset over it .  My psa 8.5 inch pistol shoots better lots better. Both my psa 5.56 guns shoot great but not my DB.  Should I contact DB or what?? Thanks

10Guns0Training

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 10:40:02 PM »
Definitely do contact them!

bamafan76

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 09:21:45 PM »
I haven't had a chance to get to the range yet with mine. I seem to have a rare one as far as I can tell. I have a fde with the m-lok handguard. The rare thing is it has a stainless 1 in 8 twist barrel. I was going to ask if anyone else has the same combo and what ammo it likes? The model is DB15CMLXFDE.

Diamondback Firearms