Author Topic: Flash hider stuck  (Read 4127 times)

Formattednate

• Hatchling
Flash hider stuck
« on: April 27, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
Any tips on how to get my flash hider off my db15. Haven't even put one round threw it.

superbeau

• Red Diamond
Re: Flash hider stuck
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 11:35:34 AM »
I removed mine and it definitely took some elbow grease. I used a long wrench on the FH and then had a piece of soft rubber that I used to grip the barrel to apply opposite pressure. There must be some sort of Loctite on there, because you'll feel it "break" and then it unthreads by hand. I've read about other folks making a sort of clamp with wood to grip the barrel in a vice and then use a wrench on the FH.

If you check out my discussion thread (post #12) you can read my experience with this task. I put on a thread protector and it looks pretty nice for $8. You can sell your old FH on Ebay, too, if you want to get back another $5-10.

http://www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=4180

Good luck!

Formattednate

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »
Hanks for the reply. I think your right about the thread locker on it. Mine was pretty tough to get off. Just had to use some muscle. Was a chore tho

superbeau

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
Good deal! What does the end of your barrel look like, around the crown? Mine looked terrible... turned out to be carbon buildup. I had shot maybe 100 rounds through at that point, plus the ~15 at the factory, but it looked like it was 10 years of buildup on there. Curious if you're seeing the same, or if it's clean since you haven't shot it yet.

sigchi222

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 11:44:23 PM »
I haven't even shot mine yet.  Should I remove the buildup from factory testing before I load up?

Diamondback Firearms