Author Topic: Aim off by a few feet on a new DB15  (Read 3178 times)

jeffsaremi

• Hatchling
Aim off by a few feet on a new DB15
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »
I have taken my new DB15 to the range 3 times so far and spent hours trying to zero the Magpul MBUS Pro sights that I bought for it.
The aim is off by a few feet in a 100 yards.
I have shows to this to rifle instructors and former marines and they have been unable themselves to figure this out.
When I adjust the rear sight all the way (as many clicks it has) the aim is still to the right by about 8-12 inches
Has anyone else had similar issues?
jeff

SavsPaw

• Pygmy Rattler
Re: Aim off by a few feet on a new DB15
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »
I have taken my new DB15 to the range 3 times so far and spent hours trying to zero the Magpul MBUS Pro sights that I bought for it.
The aim is off by a few feet in a 100 yards.
I have shows to this to rifle instructors and former marines and they have been unable themselves to figure this out.
When I adjust the rear sight all the way (as many clicks it has) the aim is still to the right by about 8-12 inches
Has anyone else had similar issues?
jeff
Go to AR15Armory.com they can answere your question.

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Check and make sure the barrel is centered inside the handguard. If the handguard is not lined up properly, then that would most likely be your issue. Let me know if you have any issues, and we will have it brought in.

jeffsaremi

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:50:23 PM »
Thanks @DB
What you're saying makes a lot of sense. However I don't have the skills or tools to do so
I have contacted Diamondback and they have graciously allowed me to send my upper receiver for their examination.
Once i have it back I will keep you posted on the results.
Jeff

jeffsaremi

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »
Go to AR15Armory.com they can answere your question.

@SavsPaw
Thanks. Do you have a link to something more relevant? How do you search for something on this site?

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 04:36:08 PM »
just a quick pic to get an idea.

Diamondback Firearms