Author Topic: Newbie from Idaho  (Read 197 times)

4given

• Sidewinder
Newbie from Idaho
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »
Howdy folks! I am a newbie from the Boise, Idaho area.  Just ordered a 2nd Gen DB9 online yesterday and just waiting for it to show up.

I, like many others, are always searching for a better pocket carry option. I prefer pocket carry in most situations. It is the most comfortable and most concealable option for me most of the time.  I do carry a G19 OWB on occasion in the cooler months when a cover garment is appropriate.

My current pocket carry pieces are a S&W 638 "Humpy", Ruger LC9s Pro, and a Taurus TCP.  I carry them all in a sticky holster.

I am hoping, with the help of the folks on this forum, to get a DB9 up and running reliably to fit in between the LC9s Pro and the TCP. I would like to carry the DB9 in some circumstances where I current choose the TCP.

It is my understanding that the DB9 can be persnickety but I am willing to be patient, work with it and even do a few mods if needed. Any advice would be welcomed!

BReno

• Pygmy Rattler
Re: Newbie from Idaho
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »
Welcome from PA! Sorry , I have no insight to offer you about DB pistols. Only own DB ARs.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »
Howdy folks! I am a newbie from the Boise, Idaho area.  Just ordered a 2nd Gen DB9 online yesterday and just waiting for it to show up.

I, like many others, are always searching for a better pocket carry option. I prefer pocket carry in most situations. It is the most comfortable and most concealable option for me most of the time.  I do carry a G19 OWB on occasion in the cooler months when a cover garment is appropriate.

My current pocket carry pieces are a S&W 638 "Humpy", Ruger LC9s Pro, and a Taurus TCP.  I carry them all in a sticky holster.

I am hoping, with the help of the folks on this forum, to get a DB9 up and running reliably to fit in between the LC9s Pro and the TCP. I would like to carry the DB9 in some circumstances where I current choose the TCP.

It is my understanding that the DB9 can be persnickety but I am willing to be patient, work with it and even do a few mods if needed. Any advice would be welcomed!

I also have a Ruger LC9s (Pro). Love it, and it rides with me as much as my DB9. It can't compete with the slim size and weight of the DB9, which is the beauty of the DB9. My son carries his DB9 every day. He used to carry a Sig P290. Solid gun, but kind of chunky and heavy. Yep, the DB9 has had some issues in the past, but I'm pretty sure things have really improved. Mine is great. Then again, Glocks have problems, my Sig MCX was recalled, many 1911's can't feed hollow points reliably for the steep ramp angle, and our new Beagle puppy is a psycho. Stuff happens! LOL!!

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:59:28 AM »
Welcome