Author Topic: Trigger Adjustment Screws  (Read 765 times)

superbeau

• Sidewinder
Trigger Adjustment Screws
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:58 AM »
I was watching a video last night and the guy was talking about a great and inexpensive modification he made to his AR to eliminate creep on a mil-spec trigger. It's apparently called a "trigger adjustment screw" and it replaces the screw that holds the grip onto the lower receiver. The replacement screw has a small set screw inside of it, which you then extend into the lower receiver until it begins to push on the back end of the trigger inside the receiver. You can adjust it until there is basically no creep left, and it seems that there's a safe way to do this without risking accidental discharges. This is the website that video referenced, although it seems there are several suppliers of similar parts:

http://www.ar15triggeradjusters.com/

I've been tweaking my mil-spec trigger in an effort to avoid buying a drop-in replacement, and the reduced trigger springs have helped a lot, but the creep is still killing me. I'm hoping this fix is the winning ticket for $10, but curious if any folks have tried them on a DB rifle yet.

Thoughts?

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms