Author Topic: Shorter trigger reset?  (Read 4517 times)

4given

• Red Diamond
  • Not Perfect, Just Forgiven
Shorter trigger reset?
« on: October 10, 2017, 12:43:52 PM »
Is there a way to achieve a shorter or more positive trigger reset on the DB9?
John 3:16-18

Snake Handler

• Sidewinder
Re: Shorter trigger reset?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »
Is there a way to achieve a shorter or more positive trigger reset on the DB9?
Galloway Precision has a trigger spring + striker spring set. Or at least they did. I can no longer find it. https://gallowayprecision.com/

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
The DB9 (and 380) are DOA only striker systems. They are not preloaded, like a Glock and others, making them very safe to carry. However, because of that, each trigger pull is as long as the last, much like a DAO revolver. I believe this would be considered a "passive" system, which renders the firearm as safe as possible, with no chance of accidental discharges from dropping, or just a slight trigger pull.

If your trigger feels a little mushy, or slow to fully reset, the trigger return springs that Galloway sold had a slightly wider diameter wire to make them a bit stiffer which helped the trigger feel more positive. .024" to be precise. How do I know? I used to make those return springs for them. I had to get out of the winding business due to health issues, but could make the occasional pair of springs for those that really need them.

4given

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »
Galloway Precision has a trigger spring + striker spring set. Or at least they did. I can no longer find it. https://gallowayprecision.com/

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!

I found the Galloway springs, They say quote: "Performance spring kit for the DB9 and DB380 includes increased rate striker spring and trigger return springs. Kit is designed to increase striking pressure."

I am not after increased striking pressure so I don't think that will do what I want.

4given

• Red Diamond
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:38:22 PM »
The DB9 (and 380) are DOA only striker systems. They are not preloaded, like a Glock and others, making them very safe to carry. However, because of that, each trigger pull is as long as the last, much like a DAO revolver. I believe this would be considered a "passive" system, which renders the firearm as safe as possible, with no chance of accidental discharges from dropping, or just a slight trigger pull.

If your trigger feels a little mushy, or slow to fully reset, the trigger return springs that Galloway sold had a slightly wider diameter wire to make them a bit stiffer which helped the trigger feel more positive. .024" to be precise. How do I know? I used to make those return springs for them. I had to get out of the winding business due to health issues, but could make the occasional pair of springs for those that really need them.

OK makes sense. I was shooting mine at steel plates Saturday and I had reset problems a few times. I don't know if I was not letting the trigger out far enough or what. All I know is, after a shot, I would pull the trigger again and nothing, let the trigger back out, depress the trigger again  and bang! it works fine. This happened only a few times.  I could be operator error but I have never had this happen to me on any of my double action revolvers or my kel tec p-32

I see that Galloway is out of stock. If you think a set of springs might help I would be obliged if you would make me a set.  PM me and let me know how much it would cost.

wild cat mccane

• Sidewinder
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:55:14 AM »
Is there a good youtube of what it takes to install?

I am very interested. This reset is about as active as a dead trigger in other guns.

Diamondback Firearms