Author Topic: My first AR is in my wife's trunk as we speak  (Read 455 times)

sigchi222

• Hatchling
My first AR is in my wife's trunk as we speak
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:20:32 PM »
I am soooo excited!!!  I looked all over the interwebs and this seems to be the best forum for Diamondback owners so, I just signed up.  I don't even know what it looks like but I hope to become a member of this community as I look forward to sharing stories and modification advice and tips with some of you.
It is of course a Christmas present that her father helped her get but I am not supposed to know.  He told me that if I got a chance I should take a peak in my wife's trunk after she went to sleep but not to let on that I know.

IMG_4490.JPGMy first AR is in my wife's trunk as we speak
* IMG_4490.JPG (35.94 kB . 700x525 - viewed 392 times)

For some reason it is not letting me post the picture of the box.

Disregard, the picture posted.

Dimeadozen

• Hatchling
Re: My first AR is in my wife's trunk as we speak
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 07:38:44 PM »
Awesome!!! I am new to the forums as well and cannot WAIT to purchase one of these rifles. I honestly think they are one of the best "unpopular" name-brand AR-15's you could buy for the price. This is mostly because I haven't heard anyone having any real problems with them so far. The reason I have not purchased one yet is because I have seen two different styled DB15's but cannot figure out why--they are even the same model number (DB15CCB). I made a post about it but no one has replied yet. Basically, if you google search "DB15CCB" you will find two rifles of the SAME model number but look different. And I'm trying to purchase the second image of the rifle I attached but can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. Attached are the images.

Also, just out of curiosity, which model did you get? Congrats again! Hope you have enjoyed it thus far.

-Dimeadozen

superbeau

• Sidewinder
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:33 PM »
The reason I have not purchased one yet is because I have seen two different styled DB15's but cannot figure out why--they are even the same model number (DB15CCB).
I haven't seen the second version in a store, only the first. The online gun retailers just plug stock images on their pages, so it's not uncommon to see one thing online and then pickup something that's a little different. Usually it's just the difference between "generations" of a certain model. As far as I know, the DB15's all have a straight barrel now and no longer have the notch for a grenade launcher attachment. I'm pretty sure the notched barrel was part of their first generation of the DB15CCB. Hope that helps!

mario454

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 03:08:54 AM »
Awesome!!! I am new to the forums as well and cannot WAIT to purchase one of these rifles. I honestly think they are one of the best "unpopular" name-brand AR-15's you could buy for the price. This is mostly because I haven't heard anyone having any real problems with them so far. The reason I have not purchased one yet is because I have seen two different styled DB15's but cannot figure out why--they are even the same model number (DB15CCB). I made a post about it but no one has replied yet. Basically, if you google search "DB15CCB" you will find two rifles of the SAME model number but look different. And I'm trying to purchase the second image of the rifle I attached but can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. Attached are the images.

Also, just out of curiosity, which model did you get? Congrats again! Hope you have enjoyed it thus far.

-Dimeadozen

Mine is the one that you’re looking for but I got mine 3 years ago at a gun show and after looking for it soon after I couldn’t find the exact one either because it was one of the earlier models when the company was just getting into ars

pecospuppy

• Pygmy Rattler
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 01:09:46 PM »
I found a FDE version.  My first AR15.  I really like it.  Hope you like yours too!  :main_wave5:

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms