Author Topic: How often do you see DB380's "for sale"?  (Read 3482 times)

Terminatorret

• Sidewinder
How often do you see DB380's "for sale"?
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
I'm not a diamondback "fanatic", but I have a DB380 ZExxxx and am very impressed/pleased with it. Made in the USA, very good sites, great grips for a micro .380, isn't picky with ball ammo (I don't shoot HP in any of my .380's...penetration vice expansion argument) and I have had nothing but honest, very responsive Customer Service (just used it once, though).
I can truthfully say I trust my DB380.
Here in Texas, there are two major websites that I routinely shop for used firearms: Texas Guntrader and Armslist. It has occurred to me that both sites are flooded with Glocks, Rugers, S&W's...but it is fairly rare that I come across a DB380 for sale, and even more rare to come across a DB9. I know Texas is a "gun totin' state", we purchase a large market share of Glocks, Rugers, S&W's...but I find it unusual that very few people put their Diamondback on the local market.
Possibly, there were very few Diamondbacks ever sold. BUT, if they are the "lemons" that many posters say they are, where are the "for sale" signs?
Possibly, Texans just don't like Diamondbacks...but I see them being sold at gun shows I attend and on display at local gun dealers.
Possibly, owners decide to throw them in a lake rather than try to sell them.
Recently I've been looking for a DB9, but for the rare ones that hit the websites I visit, they are usually sold before I can call.
DB380's? Slightly more common than DB9's, but still not abundant.
What do other's see in their areas?
This IS NOT a BASH-Diamondback discussion, just curious as to how often you see used ones for sale in your areas.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
Davy Crockett
Hero of the Alamo

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: How often do you see DB380's "for sale"?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 11:37:23 AM »
I just saw a DB 380 for sale on a local gun forum(Ct) for sale. There are lots of them for sale on gunbroker. I posted the picture of the one I bought off gunbroker last fall on here

Terminatorret

• Sidewinder
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 11:59:32 AM »
I appreciate your information and that's very good information, but I can buy anything I want on Gunbroker. It is a national plethora of anything and everything firearm related.  I routinely (daily) monitor my local (East Texas) firearm sites. Locally speaking, I just don't see many Diamondback owners selling their firearms. It could be that (locally) I'm one of the very few Diamondback owners...but I don't think so.
Are they that rare?
Are that few sold to East Texans?
I can easily find a DB9 for sale nationally, but I have to pay shipping and transfer fees. As a result, I monitor local "face-to-face + Texas DL + Bill of Sale required" ads. I can buy Kahrs, LCP's, Taurus's, S&W Bodyguards any day of the week. But, finding a local DB for sale? Now that's a different matter. Not so many available here.
Thank you for your insight... "I'm not smart and you can't make me"... but my point is that the sites that individuals routinely use in Texas to sell unwanted firearms are quite shy of Diamondback handguns. I personally think it's because that owners find them worthy of keeping.

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 12:49:14 PM »
I bought my first DB380 used at Gander Mountain...wasn't looking for one but it was a good price so I got it.

Issues with FTF on it...it was terrible...made me realize why it was up for sale.

Came here, did all the recommended fixes (Wolff springs, etc)...works great now.
Then Rural King had them for sale new...picked up my second one.  Same issues as the first, so new springs and it's working great too.

I don't look for them anymore...about the only time I see them for sale is when Rural King puts them on special (DB380s and DB9s)...but like I said, I've got as many as I need.

Range Rat

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »
  thehoghunter - What other "recommended fixes" did you do?  I replaced the magazine springs with the Wolff springs but it still fails to go into battery when I rack the slide and it jams once or twice per magazine.  What else can I try myself? 

thehoghunter

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
Range Rat...Shoot it.  Getting the round count up will help.
My changes:
  • Wolff springs in original mags
  • Wolff springs in Kel-Tec mags with Pearce grip extensions
  • Hogue HandAll BGS for Glock 42/43

I did a write up on the Pearce grip extensionshttp://www.diamondbackforum.com/index.php?topic=4177.0

fyi - after getting the DB380 to work like it should with the changes above, I found one of the original DB mags with no changes done to it.  Brought it to the range and had multiple failure to feed with it.  I would speculate that the Wolff springs are the biggest help in all of this.

Range Rat

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
 Thank you for the input.  I took my DB380 to the range today and put another 41 rounds through it.  That gets me up to 273.  It does seem to be getting more consistent. Two failure to go into battery but only a couple of FTF once I was firing it.  I did get three magazines that both charged and fed without a problem.  I'll keep shooting it when I go to the range and see what happens once I get past 300 rounds.

Diamondback Firearms