Author Topic: CCW +1 magazine extensions for the DB9 - any good?  (Read 10113 times)

Rich K.

• Hatchling
CCW +1 magazine extensions for the DB9 - any good?
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:02:03 PM »
I just bought a DB9 a couple weeks ago for CCW carry. Fits nicely in the back pocket, but the grip is a tad small (I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, due to rotten winter weather). I saw the CCW-MEDB9 magazine extensions, and wondered if they are any good. I like the idea of having one extra shot, plus the extra grip length - and STILL costing less than a single-stack Glock.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: CCW +1 magazine extensions for the DB9 - any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:20:19 AM »
I have one and they're very well made. I reviewed this item when first introduced and will find a link to post.

IMG_4118.JPGCCW +1 magazine extensions for the DB9 - any good?
* IMG_4118.JPG (52.19 kB . 700x393 - viewed 12777 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:33 AM »
I added the review to my blog. http://commonbullets.com/wp/archives/2605

Rich K.

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:04:22 PM »
How well does it function as far as shooting goes? Any FTF's or other problems? Or flawless functioning?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:36:16 AM »
No problems here with mine, but to be fair, I've only run it a few sessions. Looks to be well thought out, and I think it really helps control the DB9. I don't use the extended magazine when carrying just because it adds the extra height. Yeah, I know, that extra round and better control are probably more important.

Rich K.

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:56:46 PM »
Thanks! Think I'll take the plunge, then... I have some KelTec springs on the way to modify, too.

DiamondBill

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 05:17:28 PM »
These CCW extensions are no longer for sale on DB's website and I suspect Concealed Concept Weaponry is out of business as I cannot find their website or FB page.  Anybody have a source for one of these +1 extensions or want to sell one?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 12:29:12 PM »
That's a shame. I should have purchased more than one when I had the chance. It's a high quality product, but if people aren't buying it's time to shut the doors.  :main_cry:

DiamondBill

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 01:54:28 PM »
Looks like I was wrong on availability.  The CCW-MEDB9 mag extension appeared on the Diamondback website last week.  I ordered two and they arrived today.  Seems to fit, although I have not tested at range yet.  Now if I could just find a threaded barrel, I would be set.

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 04:24:31 PM »
It looks like these popped up again:  I has signed up to be notified, and received an email this week:  I’ve got 2 on the way, and will give a report once I try them out.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 05:12:41 PM »
I would like to see CCW folks produce a +2 extension. That would give our DB9's 8+1 capacity. Just one short of the P365 and 2 short of the Hellcat. And your grip would feel great with more recoil control. Thoughts?

Edit. Actually, the P365 is 10+1 and the Hellcat is 11+1, so two short of the P365 and three short of the Hellcat. Arghh, I thought I was on to something. lol

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 11:07:54 PM »
I would like to see CCW folks produce a +2 extension. That would give our DB9's 8+1 capacity. Just one short of the P365 and 2 short of the Hellcat. And your grip would feel great with more recoil control. Thoughts?

Edit. Actually, the P365 is 10+1 and the Hellcat is 11+1, so two short of the P365 and three short of the Hellcat. Arghh, I thought I was on to something. lol

I own the P365 as well as the DB9.  I love both guns, but I feel they both have a niche. 

I carry the P365 when I am traveling far from home or into high crime areas...those extra rounds bring me an additional sense of security.  But 99% of the time, the DB9 is more than sufficient.  And it feels like a remarkably smaller gun than the Sig, which is important for extended carry, or days when I am in sweats instead of pants with a belt.

The Diamondback has replaced my .380 micros, and if it remains reliable--knock wood--I don't envision myself going back.  And that is really remarkable, especially in a pistol that is reliable and accepts Glock sights.

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 10:07:21 PM »
So, I finally got a chance to give the mag extensions a try.

And the results were not pretty.

My range visit lasted all of about 10 minutes, because I knew from the first attempt to slingshot my pistol into battery that these weren't going to work.  The top round jammed itself into the feed ramp, and was lodged there so tightly that I needed a pocket knife to get it loosened up enough to drop the magazine.  I tried it with the other magazine (also extended), and got the exact same result.

When I tried the magazines loaded with only 6 rounds instead of 7, they ran perfectly well.  Bear in mind that I haven't had a single misfire since I bought the pistol new...it's been running like a sewing machine with any ammo I feed it.  Until today.   :main_sad_ncc:

So, it's back to 6+1 for me.  I'll keep using these extensions as backup magazines (the extension makes drawing them out of the mag holder easier, and they feel great in the hand when inserted into the gun), but that extra round just isn't happening for me. 

DiamondBill

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 09:09:37 PM »
Interesting.  I bought two a few months back and had no issues with 7+1

Payner44

• Hatchling
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2021, 03:45:36 PM »
Just bought the DB9 G4 and want the +1 mag extender, but it's out of stock on the DB website. Is that the only place that stocks them??

Diamondback Firearms