Author Topic: Sight Painting  (Read 4984 times)

kyoten3

• Pygmy Rattler
Sight Painting
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:54:34 AM »
So after the first couple range visits with my new Db9 the white dots on the sights has peeled and flaked off to the point that I am going to have to paint them. Front sight is no issue but those rear ones are a pain. I have tried using a toothpick to put micro drops of neon green paint in them but after it dries the sights are not hardly visible at all and the neon "pop" is dulled out and almost like a dark green crayon. I tried using Glow-On to make a sort of night sights but its to thick to work on those tiny rear sights, I am now using an acrylic neon paint from walmart. Any suggestions on how to accomplish painting the rear sights so that they show up well.

kyoten3

• Pygmy Rattler
Re: Sight Painting
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:05:08 AM »
So finished it up the best I could, still isn't as bright as I wanted but I'll just have to settle for it. Going to seal it later with clear nail polish and hope it doesn't come off when shooting. Here's the nearly finished product

html picture upload

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »
I have you on the list for 'steady hands!'  :main_thumbup_ncc:

Dagwood

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 09:02:17 PM »
Use super glue to seal it. Just a drop on each mark. Use a toothpick. The super glue dries clear and will hold on tight.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

4given

• Red Diamond
  • Not Perfect, Just Forgiven
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:30:58 PM »
This is what I use. I put it on the front sight only. I clean the sight with alcohol and let it dry. Once dry I use the brush it comes with to place a drop onto the face of the sight and let flow out naturally. I let it dry overnight. This stuff makes my front sight show up better than anything I have ever tried even fiber optics.  Very durable as well.  $4 a bottle at Walmart.  Salon Perfect "Neon Pop" Traffic Cone color

https://i.imgur.com/5vJpN8f.jpg
Sight Painting

John 3:16-18

4given

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 04:38:37 PM »
https://goo.gl/images/5Pymr1

You might try this for your rear sights.  Loopy Lime

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 07:03:41 AM »
Went to Walmart and picked up some Salon Pop nail polish. Looks great!

4given

• Red Diamond
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »
Went to Walmart and picked up some Salon Pop nail polish. Looks great!

looks good! I have painted many of me self defense handguns with this stuff.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 06:09:40 PM »
Thanks for the tip!

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 10:40:37 AM »
My hands aren't near as steady, and I failed multiple times to get an acceptable set of dots, so on the rear site I went with GlowOn and applied it to the whole U shape, then applied clear nail polish as you can see my overshoot on the black side post on the right side.  A word about Glow On to all of those who haven't tried it, its not going to glow very much unless you hit it with a flashlight prior to shooting, is pretty much white globby paint the rest of the time.
Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

To0l

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »
 anyone find any aftermarket sights ??

geo.ulrich

• N.R.A. endowment member
  • Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 05:34:24 PM »
My hands aren't near as steady, and I failed multiple times to get an acceptable set of dots, so on the rear site I went with GlowOn and applied it to the whole U shape, then applied clear nail polish as you can see my overshoot on the black side post on the right side.  A word about Glow On to all of those who haven't tried it, its not going to glow very much unless you hit it with a flashlight prior to shooting, is pretty much white globby paint the rest of the time.
who's holster is that in your picture?
G.O.A.   MEMBER
I.S.R.A. MEMBER

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 06:41:10 PM »
anyone find any aftermarket sights ??
Try that red nail polish. I just painted the front sight only and it makes a difference!

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 12:06:48 PM »
who's holster is that in your picture?
[/quote]

Boraii pocket holster, available on Amazon or Diamondback website if still in stock. They make them for the DB9 and DB380 that I know of.

geo.ulrich

• N.R.A. endowment member
  • Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 07:57:11 PM »
thanks

Diamondback Firearms