Author Topic: DB10 Purchased new - FTF malfunctions  (Read 334 times)

Ddubya

• Hatchling
DB10 Purchased new - FTF malfunctions
« on: April 21, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
Bought a new DB10 a few weeks ago.  Was sighting in at 50 by removing lower and looking through barrel.  First shot was dead center.  So happy there.  Planned to move further out but had lots of FTF issues.  In fact, i don’t think it ever auto fed a next round.  Went home, looked at manual and realized that it might be the ammo.  (Cheap polish made for about $13 a box of 20).  Will go back to the range with some Remington .308.  Hopefully, this will solve the problem?  I disassembled and noticed some metal flakes on the bolt while cleaning and oiling.   Will try ammo first, then maybe mags?  Will try to keep it wet.  Maybe it needs good ammo and good break in?  Thoughts anyone?  Thx

Long_ranger

• Hatchling
Re: DB10 Purchased new - FTF malfunctions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »
The projectile looks crooked on a couple of those? May just be an illusion. Those rounds were used with reloaded cases was it? I know the chamber in mine is extremely  tight and it won't chamber handloads that ran through my dpms.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 02:28:09 PM »
Wow. They DO look crooked. Doesn't look like an illusion to me.

Ddubya

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 11:30:09 PM »
yeah, the bent ones are from the malfunctions.  They were bent during the FTFs.  Also, some are shorter than they should be.  So i’m hoping it’s mainly inferior ammo.   The tolerances might be off which is what the manual warned about using anything but domestically made .308.

Dagwood

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »
Definitely should stick to quality ammo at least during break in.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

dking3368

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »
Took new DB10 to range for sight in. Used Winchester fmj factory ammo. First three fired ok. Next had a ftf. Could not eject the round. Removed upper, re-cocked the hammer. replaced upper, round fired. This happened 5 times more times. Looked at the primers. Looks like light primer strikes. Examined the hammer and spring. Hammer spring seemed weak. Will try some different ammo And go from there. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks.
The things you see when you don't have a gun.

Ddubya

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
UPDATE - bought a Magpul Pmag.  Oiled the bolt assembly really well,  used Remington Core lokt ammo.  Fed just fine.  Tried monarch soft point ammo and fed fairly well with one FTF.  Tried some Russian ammo again and had jams again.  I noticed the Remington and Monarch soft point ammo was 1/16 to 1/8 in. Shorter than the Russian made stuff.  I think I’ll stick with Remington Core Lokt or try some Hornady in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ddubya

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 07:02:11 PM »
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/9c98e558d2f05c12ca10ef15ee340792.jpg
DB10 Purchased new - FTF malfunctions
   100 yards while adjusting 6 x 20 x 50 scope.  Now that FTF issue is solved, will work harder at getting zeroed in to 1 in high at 100 yds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ddubya

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 09:03:31 PM »
Think I finally have feeding issues worked out by oiling and shooting approx 100 rounds.  Was shooting at a steel plate at about 320 yards.  Was able to hit it pretty consistently with hornady ammo.  it was really windy so I didn’t bother to try adjusting the scope.   
scope is a Center Point 6 x 20 x 50 bought at Academy for about $90.  Bipod for $17 on Amazon.  Monopod about $30.  offset 45 deg iron sights for $40.  i’m really happy with this setup for right around $1000.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms