Author Topic: Still waiting ...  (Read 120 times)

4given

• Red Diamond
  • Not Perfect, Just Forgiven
Still waiting ...
« on: May 11, 2018, 12:32:43 PM »
Still waiting for my DB9 to come back from the factory repair shop. It's been a good 6 weeks since I sent it off. I emailed them and got a quick reply that they were waiting on some parts that should be in next week. I am sure looking forward to getting it back and testing it!
John 3:16-18

4given

• Red Diamond
Re: Still waiting ...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:31 AM »
Just got this email from Diamondback. Looks like they are going to send me a new one. 

"After further review we have determined that your firearm requires a replacement.  Our process for issuing replacements is to ship the firearm to an FFL dealer to transfer the firearm to you because it will have a new serial number.  Please provide us with the name and phone number of the FFL dealer you would like to use.  All items originally sent in with the firearm will be returned to you.

Once a firearm is deemed “replacement,” we must place a production order.  Please allow up to 4-6 weeks to complete and ship your replacement to the gun dealer of your choice.  We do not have a stock of firearms to pull from.  All our firearms are made at our facility and they are made to order."

Looks like I have to wait another month or so but I am grateful they are standing behind their product! I am hoping the build me an extra special, extra good one!  :main_thumbs_2up:

Big Daddy

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 12:47:16 AM »
That is great that they are replacing your DB9. Did you do anything to it like drimmel the feed ramp, or grind the block a little? Just wondering if they might try to void warranty for trying to "fix" it yourself before sending back to them.

trooperc7

• Sidewinder
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:48:10 AM »
Consider yourself lucky that they offered a new db9.....they kept mine for 4 months and still sent it back unfixed!

4given

• Red Diamond
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »
That is great that they are replacing your DB9. Did you do anything to it like drimmel the feed ramp, or grind the block a little? Just wondering if they might try to void warranty for trying to "fix" it yourself before sending back to them.

I did none of those things.

4given

• Red Diamond
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »
I did none of those things.

I consider myself very fortunate and grateful.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms