Author Topic: 2018 db 380 fixes/upgrades ?  (Read 2075 times)

ferrell

• Hatchling
2018 db 380 fixes/upgrades ?
« on: August 02, 2018, 01:38:19 AM »
let me start off by saying.   wtf ...!!!   so I decided to pick up a new cc.    was looking for something decent but cheap.   looking at guns at the local shop I really didn't see anything in price range until a friend pointed out the db380.    picked it up. and got the feel of it racked the slide took it apart.  seemed like a decent enough lil pocket gun.  so i put money down and got my purchase ticket left all excited however.  after getting home and reviewing what I thought was a nice.  gun it turned out to be horror.    but I noticed a gen 2 was made and thts what I got.    so figured ok bugs might be resolved.  picked up my db380.  3 days ago.    so far.   10 or 11. jams.     3 or 4 trigger malfunctions meaning I pull no boom.    no strike.       half a dozen ftf.  primer strikes.      2 different types of ammo.    Remington umc fmj 95g.   lawman fmj 95 g and tulammo 91 or 93g.       o know ammo matters in all guns.   they prefer  what they want.  n if ur lucky enough to get something that shoots.   whatever with no mishaps keep it ur lucky.  any how.    I've seen a few vids of people polishing and talking about.   upgrades. but.  never really find any of them.   I need this to be a reliable pistol.   which from what I've seen.   might not happen.    anyone.  know of.        the upgrades needed.  to make this thing work right.   can't afford another pistol.  at least for quite a while.  has.  db.  since its.  2018.  finally fixed there issues.  would it be a god idea to send it to them if still possible and hope they have better.  hardware for them now. Ive heard of very long waits.   people getting there guns back and dame issues or getting completely new ones from db after sending in theres and still have problems  or should I hope someone can tell me about the upgrades I need.   or did I just spend money on a pos that should have worked properly from the factory.  thanks for the advice  hope someone has the answers or a dimond back rep.  can do something because.  I understand guns having issues from time to time but.  this.  gtta be the worst case of   :main_Zzzz:       on the job.  I've seen.     help.   please.  thanks.  ferrell

ferrell

• Hatchling
Re: 2018 db 380 fixes/upgrades ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 01:44:48 AM »
also. anyone know where to get the db380.  laser ?

ferrell

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 01:55:55 AM »
and about the firing pin the spring seems as if it needs to be stronger.   anyone done anything with that or again dose db have the upgrades for them now I hate to be like everyone else sending there stuff in only to get back the same hardware thll fail

cobalt17

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 08:17:07 AM »
I too had various problems. Mostly FTF with different brands of ammo. In the end I e-mailed Diamondback and they sent me new stiffer magazine springs. I have since fired the DB380 and have found it to be reliable with different brands of ammo and now carry it.

Terminatorret

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 08:34:42 PM »
Relax and take a deep breath. You purchased a fine weapon. BUT, it is a micro pistol. More than likely, it will require a break-in period with a little fluff and buff.
I polished the feed ramp and replaced OEM magazine springs with stiffer KelTec .380 magazine springs.
I worked the slide 2-300 times and was generous with my gun oil. Mine demands to be kept lint-free (i.e. pocket holster). I consider 100 rounds about right for a break-in period...others may recommend more.
I fire only FMJ (by choice) choosing penetration over expansion and smooth cycling over hype.
I am also conscious of the problems caused by limp-wristing ANY micro pistol.
Results?
I have a dependable, accurate, ergonomically pleasant micro pistol. I would NOT trade mine for a Ruger LCP (and I'm a very pro-Ruger fan) NOR a Keltec P3AT. They are good micro pistols, but my DB380 feels better, has better sights and is just as dependable.
The ONLY possible trade I would consider would be for a KelTec P32, but that's a whole different post.
Any micro .380 comes with tradeoffs, but for an owner willing to give his/her weapon a little attention and practice, the benefits are great.
If all else fails, Diamondback has a record of great customer service. Don't hesitate to give them a call.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
Davy Crockett
Hero of the Alamo

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 09:14:47 PM »
He didn't mention if he is a new shooter or not. It possibly could be issues due to improper hand hold, limp wresting.

ferrell

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 09:19:32 PM »
lol my guy. I've been shooting since I was 3.   n I'm now.  27.  as far as how to hold  one properly. I got it.      shot it today with again.  Remington.   and lawman.  shot fine.    put tul ammo n terrible.  ftf primer strikes.  honestly after watching vids. n reading forums I should've got something different.  but I got what I got n. just hoping to stumble across ppl with advice so I do appreciate you asking if I limp  wrist.  not the case though. 

5 iron

• Sidewinder
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
It’s easy to limp wrist the db380 without limp wristing it. Since it’s such a small and light pistol, sometimes there’s a little space between the grip and the web of my hand. That small unsupported space is enough to let the gun move just enough to cause a misfeed. When I consciously jam my hand firmly under the beavertail it cycles fine.

ferrell

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 11:59:20 PM »
I'll check it out next time I got some ammo to spare.  but I dnt think thts the case. honestly like I said above.   i watched a few vids of ppl and there db 380 I think it needs some slightly  heavier springs in it and the firing pin may need to be a smidge longer.  more strike power less  primer strike failure?.  better spring for cycle less jams ?   and I did shoot a bit tday before work.  like I said with and no issue except with the tul ammo  failure to go off.  primer strike to light.   

5 iron

• Sidewinder
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »
I’ve also experienced occasional light strikes on off brand ammo and some of my reloads.  Also, if I go too long without cleaning, the trigger return spring gets dirty enough to not reset. These issues could be improved with stiffer springs, but it would sacrifice the nice smooth 5 lb trigger pull. 

Terminatorret

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 08:08:45 AM »
Watch out for Tulammo primers - they have a history of misfires. I use the stuff in my revolvers, but during my research prior to purchase, I read in several forums of buyers complaining about the hard primers.

Here's one of the articles about Tulammo and the DB380 I found:
http://www.armedlutheran.us/diamondback-db380-the-pocket-glock/

ferrell

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
ok so after actually looking at my paperwork and I did forget to mention i. bought it  used.    from local gun shop.     I'm on my own I dnt have any warranty threw.  db. because I'm not  original purchaser.   tht being said.  its definitely been broken in I shot 100 plus threw and I'm sure the original owner did as well.  i think I will see if the shop would put slightly heavier springs in.  if I can find someone who has done this and has the info on what they used .    btw.   what ammo yall recommend.  cheap.  fmj. preferably.   I already know what I'm using for carry if it'll function properly. and what's everyone using for oil and or grease for lubrication

Terminatorret

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 04:06:43 PM »
It was a used DB380? So is it a Generation 1 or 2? What is your serial number prefix?
I had one of the VERY first ever made, a ZAxxxx. It was giving me a fit so I sent it back to DB and they replaced it with a ZExxxx and it has ran beautifully. ZA, ZB and some ZC models (if I recall correctly) suffered from early design flaws. If you have one of these models, even if you are not the original owner, it may be worth contacting Diamondback to see what they're willing to do.

Ammo: FMJ (PMC, Aguila, Fiocchi, Remington green box) all work for me.
Tulammo in .380? No.

ferrell

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »
yes used .it's a gen 2  I would've never picked it up if it was a gen one.  and to be honest only reason I got it at all was price was right or so I thought.    150.  and i figured most reviews i watched were gen 1 thought the bs would be fixed with gen2.   wrong. either way.    it's a. zf.   model.   I will give em a call. because regardless of warranty.  if u make a  gun any gun.  it should perform.   time and time again.  in wanna love this pistol and company so bad.  hopefully they care enough about there.  product and the people behind them enough to do something about it.   

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »
I wouldnt use any Tula Ammo in it. Winchester white box or Remington green box are my go to ammo...I cracked the slide on one of mine with +p ammo so I would recommend not using any of that.....

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms