Author Topic: Is DB9 really DAO?  (Read 1830 times)

geaux

• Hatchling
Is DB9 really DAO?
« on: August 03, 2018, 08:37:03 PM »
DAO, Double Action Only, implies to me that each time you pull the trigger the firing pin snaps. The DB9 has to be cocked, once the firing pin releases you have a dead trigger. So you can't really practice dry firing. To me that is more SAO, Single Action Only. Has to be cocked for the trigger to be armed. My SA/DA old school heavy metal pistols in DA will pull back and release the hammer every time when you pull the trigger.

Am I missing something or just confused about terminology. God forbid my DB9 is already deviant?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Is DB9 really DAO?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »
You'll find with most striker fired pistols, it must be cocked if it doesn't have double strike capabilities. The DB9/380 pistols are considered passive unlike some others out there, like the Glock, that are pre-cocked. These passive system is the safest, in that the pistol cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled fully back, so you're pulling the striker back during the shot instead of it already being back and just slipping the sear off the striker tab. This is why you can have a shorter trigger stroke with Glock or the Sig striker fired pistols. It's also why the Sig P320 had the initial flaw of firing when dropped. It's impossible to do that with the DB.

Diamondback Firearms