Author Topic: What would you like to see us come out with next?  (Read 18450 times)

depletedyourcranium

• Hatchling
Re: What would you like to see us come out with next?
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »
I would say nay on the extended beavertail, but maybe if it were modular and could be removed or replaced.

What I would like to see more than anything else in this world... is a small polymer auto chambered in .22LR in the size of something like a DB9 ot DB380 that holds 10-12 rounds.

There are no quality 22LR pocket autos available other than the Beretta 21A, and it's almost as wide as a Glock doible stack and limited to 7 rounds. If you want something tiny your only options are cheap, heavy zinc alloy framed guns like the Phoenix Arms HP22 or the Jennings J22... neither of which inspire confidence in their design or quality.

If you guys could make a quality 22 auto it would sell tremendously well. I'm one of those capacity guys and I know I would gladly carry 10 or 12 plus 1 in 22lr versus 6 plus 1 in .380 ACP in a similar size gun.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2018, 09:11:26 PM »
I am still new here.  Do they make an AR type rifle chambered in 7.62x39?  I'd be interested.  :main_good:

geo.ulrich

• N.R.A. endowment member
  • Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2018, 09:28:58 PM »
I would say nay on the extended beavertail, but maybe if it were modular and could be removed or replaced.

What I would like to see more than anything else in this world... is a small polymer auto chambered in .22LR in the size of something like a DB9 ot DB380 that holds 10-12 rounds.

There are no quality 22LR pocket autos available other than the Beretta 21A, and it's almost as wide as a Glock doible stack and limited to 7 rounds. If you want something tiny your only options are cheap, heavy zinc alloy framed guns like the Phoenix Arms HP22 or the Jennings J22... neither of which inspire confidence in their design or quality.

If you guys could make a quality 22 auto it would sell tremendously well. I'm one of those capacity guys and I know I would gladly carry 10 or 12 plus 1 in 22lr versus 6 plus 1 in .380 ACP in a similar size gun.
now that's the ticket as much as I have looked for a db9 sized 22 nothing really there  :main_thumbs_2up:
G.O.A.   MEMBER
I.S.R.A. MEMBER

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 02:04:01 PM »
I am still new here.  Do they make an AR type rifle chambered in 7.62x39?  I'd be interested.  :main_good:

They do. I have one that I built myself and love it. I went with a side charging handle and an AR15Performance barrel and bolt (they no longer make them). Anyway, nary a failure of any type, and very accurate, even with cheap Russian ammo (I think I pay about 23 cents each).

AR47_01.JPGWhat would you like to see us come out with next?
* AR47_01.JPG (39.71 kB . 700x278 - viewed 965 times)

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 07:47:52 PM »
They do. I have one that I built myself and love it. I went with a side charging handle and an AR15Performance barrel and bolt (they no longer make them). Anyway, nary a failure of any type, and very accurate, even with cheap Russian ammo (I think I pay about 23 cents each).

[ Invalid Attachment ]
I really like that!  If they don't make them anymore, how do I get ahold of one? :main_cry:

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2018, 08:39:46 PM »
So they do sell them?  The previous post said "they no longer make them".  Are they direct sales or is there a retailor I can contact?

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2018, 09:17:56 PM »
They still make them everyday. Davidson's is a good place to find them.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »
They still make them everyday. Davidson's is a good place to find them.
Thank you, I'll check them out!  :main_thumbs_2up:

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 06:31:08 AM »
So they do sell them?  The previous post said "they no longer make them".  Are they direct sales or is there a retailor I can contact?

DB does make them (as linked). It's AR15Performance that no longer offers the 7.62x39 barrel with the custom extension for their custom bolt for those wanting to build their own. Get you a DB. Great prices!

Anthonator

• Hatchling
  • Sooner or later, Anthonator
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
Here's my 2cents:

What about A 9 mm pistol Caliber Carbine in the slim fashion form of the DB9; something to compete with the Kel Tek SU 2000, TNW Aero and Ruger 9 mm. 

A lightweight takedown pistol caliber carbine at an affordable price!   If the design form is done in the slim manner of the DB9, it would be a cool survival rifle. How about a light weight, easy to pack with reliable Flip up  sights, simple adjustable stock & ammo storage.

A 9 mm pistol caliber carbine does not need to look like an AR!!! 
(The preceding sentence is only an editorial)

C U Later, Anthonator
Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness- Benjamin Franklin

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »
Here's my 2cents:

What about A 9 mm pistol Caliber Carbine in the slim fashion form of the DB9; something to compete with the Kel Tek SU 2000, TNW Aero and Ruger 9 mm. 

A lightweight takedown pistol caliber carbine at an affordable price!   If the design form is done in the slim manner of the DB9, it would be a cool survival rifle. How about a light weight, easy to pack with reliable Flip up  sights, simple adjustable stock & ammo storage.

A 9 mm pistol caliber carbine does not need to look like an AR!!!  ( the preceding sentence is only an editorial)
C U Later, Anthonator
Nice one!  Make it a breakdown too! 

I bought the Ruger PC9 when it came out.  I really like having a carbine the same caliber as my handgun.

Diamondback Firearms