Author Topic: More range time  (Read 44 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
More range time
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »
I say "more," but it's been a bit since I've been to the range. Today I wanted to try the 9mm Federal American Eagle in 124 gr. FMJ. Reason being, I carry the Federal HST in a couple pistols, which is also 124 gr. The thinking is that if you practice with ammo of the same weight, you'll be more effective with the defensive carry rounds. That was my excuse for going to the range. Good One, right?

This doesn't apply to the DB9 since I carry 115 gr PMC HP's, but did want to see if the 124 gr FMJ's would work. It does. I had the DB9, Sig P365, and a Glock 43 with me. I shot 50 rounds through each, and here's the deal...None of the guns had any issues at all. Nary a failure of any kind, period. I was glad the DB9 handled the 124 Gr Federal without a hiccup, even though I don't normally use that weight. So, great, right?

As for comparison, and since I've shot all three several times before without failures, I seem to be able to shoot the P365 the best. It's easier on the hands (obviously, since the DB9 weighs as much as a fat humming bird). The Glock 43 comes in next, and finally the DB9. The DB9 is the snappiest, then the G43, then the P365, although the last two are pretty close. It's just that weight thing again.

So there you go. All three guns were completely reliable with Federal American Eagle 124 gr FMJ. I carry these guns all the time without concern. I think I'll try the Federal HST 124 gr again in the DB9 the next time out.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms