Author Topic: Anybody tried a +1 Ext for the Keltec PF9 on a DB9 Mag?  (Read 2804 times)

SteveQinKC

• 4 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
Anybody tried a +1 Ext for the Keltec PF9 on a DB9 Mag?
« on: October 13, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
Just curious, I know a lot of folks have posted about trying various PF9 parts, especially mag springs in their DB9, but has anybody tried fitting a +1 Mag Extension for the PF9 onto a OEM DB9 Mag.  From pictures, assuming it slides on firmly as a replacement to the stock mag baseplate, it looks like it would take minimal Dremel fitting of the polymer notch to make it match up or just sand the point of the mag well of the DB9 down a little.  I may order one from GunMagWarehouse just to find out as I have both guns, DB9 and PF9.

I have carried both as an EDC.  If they ever go for a Gen3 on the DB9, would love to see them add an accessory rail and slide catch, the two reasons I hang onto the PF9.  The slide catch would be worth another ounce of weight in my opinion (clearing a FTE is way too hard without it, especially in a self defense situation on a super lightweight 9 prone to limp wrist induced FTE's), its not about weight as much as the DB9s footprint is still smaller and prints squarer (more like a wallet than like a pistol), striker fired trigger is way better than the PF9s long/heavy pull, and the quality of poly grip molding is much better on the DB too.
Diamondback DB9 Gen3, DB9 Gen4, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Anybody tried a +1 Ext for the Keltec PF9 on a DB9 Mag?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »
...and the quality of poly grip molding is much better on the DB too.

You got that right. The DB has an excellent, crisply detailed mold. Actually, the overall fit and finish of the DB9 is second to none. IMO, of course.

Bassdeer

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 09:03:46 AM »
Did you ever get the Keltec +1 and try it??

SteveQinKC

• Sidewinder
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »
Yes, I did.  Its close but too sloppy for me to try and custom fit it with a Dremel.  I just put it on my PF9's mag and called it a day.  Sure wish Diamondback would get the hint and have a matching +1 molded for the DB9!  Would improve the DB9s ability to compete with other subcompacts that already offer one like the Keltec PF9, SW Shield, Ruger EC9, Barretta Nano, etc. The slightly longer length might also inadvertently cure the mag spring issues.

SteveQinKC

• Sidewinder
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
I think they make one but it's  $30.

https://diamondbackfirearms.myshopify.com/collections/magazines/products/db9-magazine-extension?variant=41980685708

That isnt a DB product, they just resell it.  I know I bought one thru DBs sight but its mfg by CCW Mfg, it works well, extends the grip enough to give my pinkie a home which was my objective, but its too heavy being made out of aluminum versus polymer.  Its just plain stupid or tone deaf that DB wont have their polymer moulding supplier make one and then sell it already installed on a DB mag as an accessory, probably be just as profitable as selling another pistol.

Diamondback Firearms