Author Topic: DB9 Gen 2 pins walking  (Read 813 times)

Mta2040

• Hatchling
DB9 Gen 2 pins walking
« on: November 12, 2018, 11:08:29 AM »
Hi everyone, I have had my Gen 2 DB9 in ODG now since April. The gun has functioned flawlessly for me now through about 600 rounds. The only issue i'm encountering is the 3 trigger assembly pins tend to walk out a bit on me after every 20 rds or so. I know there were pin issues with the 1st generation guns but I have not seen anyone post about the 2nd gen guns. Does anyone have a quick fix solution to keep this pins from walking without compromising the reliability of the gun? Info is much appreciated

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: DB9 Gen 2 pins walking
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 07:05:01 PM »
I used loctite on my gen 1 db 380 to keep the pins in place

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
Splines were added to one end of the pins on newer models. I always remove those pins from right to left since the splines were on the left side on mine. Replace so splines stay on the left side. This should minimize damage to the holes.. Loctite is the best suggestion if yours are already too loose.

5 iron

• Sidewinder
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »
Do you use loctite on both ends of the pin or just one side? I’ve not used it before so I’m not sure what method works best without making a mess. Do you put it on the pin itself or inside the pinhole, or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 03:41:28 PM »
Do you use loctite on both ends of the pin or just one side? I’ve not used it before so I’m not sure what method works best without making a mess. Do you put it on the pin itself or inside the pinhole, or both?

I haven't needed it on mine, but I would apply a tiny amount of blue Loctite 242 on the splined end. You can let it dry first (it'll cure in the absence of air).

Mta2040

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »
Thanks guys I’ll try the Loctite

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms