Author Topic: DB10FDE  (Read 549 times)

mikeyoungvcu89

• Hatchling
DB10FDE
« on: October 27, 2018, 07:35:34 PM »
First time poster..should have got on earlier.  I bought an DB10 about a year ago didnt get around to putting a scope on it until a week before hunting season. 6" groups at 80 yds was best I could get. tried 3 scopes and then open sights at 25yds. I have about 20 guns and been shooting for 40 years and this was the worst shooting rifle I have ever owned. DB told me they had some bad barrels and had me ship the upper back. I got it back after about 8 weeks but didnt put a scope back on it until last week. I can get a 2" group at 25 yds but at 80 it opens up to about 6" still. I cant see anything wrong. checked the barrel nut. Brand new Vortex strike eagle, Nikon and even took the 6-24 Vortex off my FN it was all the same. Put the 6-24 back on my FN and shot 1" groups at 80. I am out of ideas, Ive tried all kinds of different ammo too. I guess its going to have to go back again. Anyone else having issues?

pecospuppy

• Sidewinder
  • Old Cowboy
Re: DB10FDE
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:07:48 PM »
What grain ammo are you running and what is the twist?  The bullet might be unstable if it's too heavy for the twist ratio.  Maybe try a lighter brain bullet.

JK

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 03:39:23 AM »
How many rounds fired?  Maybe it needs to be fired a couple hundred rounds to find its groove, so to speak.  People say the whole break-in period is hogwash, but I have a Palmetto State Armory 10.5" AR15 upper that was hitting 5-6 MOA and I was about to give up and throw it off a cliff, but around 300 rounds fired, it started hitting better and now at 850 rounds fired, it hits 2 MOA.

My DB10FDE in .308 with an 18" barrel gives me sub-MOA at 100 yards with Federal Gold Medal Sierra Match King 168 grain.  I followed the break-in procedure stated in the manual.  Clean after every shot for the first 25 shots, then clean every 10 shots for the next 100 rounds, for a total of 125 rounds.  I'm just a casual weekend shooter shooting off a sandbag.

You should send it back and ask for a new upper and follow the break-in procedure stated in the manual.

mikeyoungvcu89

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 05:22:25 PM »
I wanted to follow up and share the resolution. I contacted DB and explained that the gun was shooting no better than the first time I sent it to them. The lady I spoke with asked me if I wanted to send it back or have them just send me a new barrel. In the interest of time I asked for the barrel. Unfortunately I did not have the proper vice block to remove the barrel and flash suppressor and the nut was way too big for my armorers wrench. I ordered the block, replaced the barrel and shot 2 boxes of Hornady Match into a 2" group at 80yds the majority of which was within 1.5" which is good enough for my kind of deer hunting. The funny thing was the barrel was dirty, like it had been shot and not cleaned. maybe it was just oil. I understand manufacturing problems happen, and at the price point they can't test shoot for grouping, but sending me back a rifle that obviously wasnt shooting right was a bad move on DB part. That said they did responsively help me resolve it finally and I am happy with the rifle.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms