Author Topic: New DB9 range report  (Read 715 times)

gdog

• Hatchling
New DB9 range report
« on: November 20, 2018, 02:19:30 PM »
Got a DB9 in August. I just have had a chance to get it to the range. I have 11 mags, never want a gun that is a single shot because I can't get mags for it. I loaded all 11 with Georgia Arms 115 grain FMJ. This is pretty close to Winchester white box and I have never had an issue with Georgia Arms ammo. Get all my ammo from them. (Not a plug, I pay for it.  :main_cheesy:)

Ran all 11 mags through the gun, no problem. On the last mag the slide failed to return to battery after the last round. Got the mag out and found the follower had come half way out of the mag, the "skirt" on the front was either broken or too short. Loaded 10 and went again. Had a FTE and a FTF. Had another mag problem and that mag had a short skirt on the front of the follower too.

Loaded 2 mags with Remington 115 grain JHP. No problems.

The gun is small, it is supposed to be. Not something you want to shoot all day. But function was fine. I will attribute the failures to the magazines and it being a new gun. Just follow the directions and use the ammo the factory recommends and hold the gun tightly and most of the problems people complain about are non-existent.

Going to clean it good and lube it and take it back out maybe next week. I want to be 100% confident in it before I put it in my pocket every day. In the Boreii pocket holster by the way. I will probably send the mags back to the factory to ask for replacements or at least new followers.

Overall, I am satisfied with the gun. 

franco45

• Hatchling
Re: New DB9 range report
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:37:56 PM »
I just put one on layaway today. I've been reading the range reports on this forum for awhile and decided that it was worth a gamble at the prices they're going for now. I have several other carry guns including a new Sig P365 but the size of the DB9 is definitely hard to beat for concealment.

gdog

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »
Yeah, size matters. In this case less is more. I wanted something to pocket carry to replace my J-frame .38. The DB9 is a much flatter profile and the 9mm round beats .380.

gdog

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 05:03:39 PM »
DB sent the mags back. They put the followers back in and did not seem to be concerned that the front of the follower came out of the mag body. Anybody else have any magazine follower problems with their DB9's?

gdog

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:09:13 PM »
Okay, did a quick search and my question was answered. Lots of follower problems with the DB9 mags. Nice little pistol, will it be the victim of a POS magazine?

wild cat mccane

• Sidewinder
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 10:41:26 AM »
MagGuts has replied to my request to make a DB9 +1 extension in the stock magazine. I had hoped this would let them solve the DB9 mag issues.

They said no thanks.

Considering they do +1 extensions in all brands from Glock, Walther, Ruger.....

My DB9s (5 total) got sold of and I over look the LCP as being just a 380 has a functioning 380 with a MagGut +1 and Legiegh all copper Extreme Penetrator. Meh.

My extreme worry wan't the feeding issues. It was ever round had a firing pin dimple.

Libohunden

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 01:12:01 AM »
Diamondback has new magazines that are now equipped with an updated Orange follower. My DB9 came with one. As magazines always seem to be in short supply, I had been looking for them and noticed none had an orange follower. I haven't had any issues or malfunctions with mine. So, before I bought some old style off of eBay, I called diamondback to ask them about it. And yes, the new orange follower magazine is the newest, latest greatest updated magazine. I decided to wait and after about a month, they finally listed them on the website so I grabbed a bunch.

Git you some!

geo.ulrich

• N.R.A. endowment member
  • Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
thanks for the heads up on the mag's , my originals are fine so far but I will update.  still to date not a hitch with mine
G.O.A.   MEMBER
I.S.R.A. MEMBER

wild cat mccane

• Sidewinder
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 08:17:08 AM »
Any picture of that orange follower?

It isn't shown on their website store...

Libohunden

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 10:43:06 PM »
Sure, here it is. The store still shows black but this is what you get.

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms