Author Topic: Would it be self defense (in your opinion)  (Read 3544 times)

Hobo73

• Pygmy Rattler
  • I am me, known as Hobo to most love me or not I'm
Would it be self defense (in your opinion)
« on: July 02, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »
Watched a video of a guy in a bass boat come full speed at a cabin cruiser type boat, come in close circle around again at full speed then ram his bow up onto the stern of the cruiser almost hitting the lady filming him. It slid back off he flips them off and throttled up and goes away.
Watching that got me to wondering.
Would that be a self defense moment in your mind if you had your ccw with you?
My thoughts were as he is coming at us you can see in the video he is obviously agitated and coming full speed at me I would fire him  shot in the air to let him know I am armed to defend and if that didnt the point across as he is coming up into the boat ya gotta do what you have to too defend your wife's life.
2hat say you?
I am the Hobo, no more, no less, but ALWAYS me!

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
Re: Would it be self defense (in your opinion)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
Watched a video of a guy in a bass boat come full speed at a cabin cruiser type boat, come in close circle around again at full speed then ram his bow up onto the stern of the cruiser almost hitting the lady filming him. It slid back off he flips them off and throttled up and goes away.
Watching that got me to wondering.
Would that be a self defense moment in your mind if you had your ccw with you?
My thoughts were as he is coming at us you can see in the video he is obviously agitated and coming full speed at me I would fire him  shot in the air to let him know I am armed to defend and if that didnt the point across as he is coming up into the boat ya gotta do what you have to too defend your wife's life.
2hat say you?

Think that's a question for Coast Guard/BLM officers/Park rangers, whichever is applicable, after showing them the video.

Of course, that's after an "everyone is ok this time" situation.

On a personal level, it's - Family, home and self...right?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
If the guy is trying to inflict great harm and threatening you or other's lives, which it appears, then yes, cap the bitch. Just hope you're in an area that respects the Constitution and its amendments. It's getting scary close to being a thing of the past. At least that's what Kamala Harris wants. Get rid of the 2nd Amendment by executive order as her first task towards Marxism and Communism. Pretty psychotic is you ask me. Not to mention she's playing the "black" card for votes and isn't even black. Arghh.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:31:01 PM »
Same scenario but replace the boat with a car.  It's clear.  You defend yourself.  The boat also adds another danger.  If the damage was significant enough you sink. 

My only suggestion is that you don't fire a warning shot.  That will put you in jail for aggravated assault.  Just showing a weapon can get you arrested.  The guy could veer off and then say he was just confused about his directions and was coming up to ask you for help and you fired at him.  If it is dangerous enough for you to pull your CCW, it is dangerous enough to put two in the center of mass.  If it hasn't reached that level of fear/danger, you better not pull it until it does.

Explorer3J

• Red Diamond
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 12:09:36 AM »
Not defending the guy and what he did is inexcusable.
BUT...
The is more to the story then just the guy ramming another boat. Something caused him to react that way.
Has anyone heard what the initial confrontation was?

Just like road rage, there is an initial action and then the angry reaction..I'll wait to hear all the details
Handguns: DB9FS, M&P22C, Sig Mosquito, M&P22, Ruger SR9, Ruger EC9S, Ruger LC9S Pro, Walther CCP
Shotgun: Rock Island Armory M5 12 Ga
Rifles: Mossberg 715T .22, Savage Mdl 64FXP .22

Diamondback Firearms