Author Topic: The gen 4 is coming  (Read 2106 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: The gen 4 is coming
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:58 AM »
Gen 4 DB9 is almost here!  :main_thumbs_2up:
MSRP $269

DB9Gen4_01.jpgThe gen 4 is coming
* DB9Gen4_01.jpg (48.08 kB . 700x842 - viewed 1942 times)

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 11:36:28 AM »
"Wow, what an attractive price point.  What is the street price going to be?  If they are reliable, I'll have to pick one up! :main_thumbup_ncc:

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 12:02:53 PM »
"Wow, what an attractive price point.  What is the street price going to be?  If they are reliable, I'll have to pick one up! :main_thumbup_ncc:

Don't know what the street price might be. I like the new grip texture. Reminds me of the AM2, and the pinky extension looks good, too. Cool new DB9 logo. The sights may be different, too? With a slide lock and the new short reset it ought to be a winner. Good looking gun!

Libohunden

• Hatchling
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »
Anyone know when the Gen 4 will be available?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »
Their Facebook post said about a month.

gene814

• Sidewinder
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 12:54:46 PM »
The Glock that Glock should have made.

geo.ulrich

• N.R.A. endowment member
  • Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »
The REAL CONCEALABLE carry pistol that they all should have come up with
G.O.A.   MEMBER
I.S.R.A. MEMBER

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 08:55:18 PM »
One month...check.  That's pretty close to my birthday!  I'll be talking to my pusher here in NC.  I'm happy with my EDC but it couldn't hurt to have a pocket carry.

wild cat mccane

• Sidewinder
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 01:28:25 AM »
Is the faster reset the only "upgraded internals"?

SteveQinKC

• 3 Time Diamondback Owner
  • Sidewinder
  • My EDC and Reliable Ammo
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »
Why a pinkie extension and not a plus one mag?  Would have competed better with Shield, LC9s, PF9 that all have one as the alternate mag, better yet, shipping with only one mag, all you would have to include is a flat plate to meet the smaller footprint used for the marketing spec/weight/capacity.  Kudos on the slide stop/catch, clearing a jam is much easier with one than without, and also on the improved sights.  The rest looks primarily cosmetic.
Diamondback DB9, 7.5" lightweight AR Pistol using a Diamondback DB15P Upper/BCG and New Frontier Poly Lower, Diamondback DB15SB Carbine

Utah

• Hatchling
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 03:56:49 PM »
Why a pinkie extension and not a plus one mag?  Would have competed better with Shield, LC9s, PF9 that all have one as the alternate mag, better yet, shipping with only one mag, all you would have to include is a flat plate to meet the smaller footprint used for the marketing spec/weight/capacity.  Kudos on the slide stop/catch, clearing a jam is much easier with one than without, and also on the improved sights.  The rest looks primarily cosmetic.
I don't understand mag extensions on a pocket-carry pistol and I will remove any pinkie extensions.

The DB9 is the minimalist approach for those who make 9mm their minimum CCW caliber. I'll keep it as small as possible and carry a spare magazine.

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 11:21:05 PM »
I don't understand mag extensions on a pocket-carry pistol and I will remove any pinkie extensions.

The DB9 is the minimalist approach for those who make 9mm their minimum CCW caliber. I'll keep it as small as possible and carry a spare magazine.
I thought the same thing until I bought mine.  I can't hold the gun firmly enough without it.  My hand is bigger than the grip.  With the extension I can just get enough of a purchase to feel secure when it launches from recoil.  Besides, it is still completely covered in my pocket so why not take advantage of the available space?

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms