Author Topic: Striker Spring Life  (Read 163 times)

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Striker Spring Life
« on: January 24, 2019, 05:36:35 PM »
Just wondering what everyone’s opinion is as to how long the striker spring will last. I have over 2000 rounds on mine and I had a misfire or two last couple of times out. Prior to that it never occurred

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Re: Striker Spring Life
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 07:27:28 PM »
Just wondering what everyone’s opinion is as to how long the striker spring will last. I have over 2000 rounds on mine and I had a misfire or two last couple of times out. Prior to that it never occurred

Boy, you ax the tough questions! LOL. Some manufacturers, like the former Rohrbaugh, now Remington in the 380 offering, claimed 200 rounds, but that was the recoil spring. What? Talk about putting the blame on a spring. LOL I think it really depends. To my understanding, compression springs only wear from use, IE not that you leave ammo in your magazines and the spring is compressed. It's from expansion and contraction, so has to be from use and not static. Worn striker springs could be a cause of light primer strikes. If you're having ignition issues, my first move would be to replace the striker spring.

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Striker Spring Life
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 08:03:17 AM »
Yes I guess I’ll change it. I assume it comes out the same as a Glock

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms