Author Topic: DB9 Gen4 First outing  (Read 1501 times)

Jazzccp

• Pygmy Rattler
Re: DB9 Gen4 First outing
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »
I had the same issue with releasing the mag. I found that if you apply a little upward pressure from the bottom of the mag when pressing the mag release it comes right out. This works with the mag that comes with the Gen4 and with the one I purchased from the Diamondback website.

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 07:40:14 PM »
Good to know, thanks.  :main_smiley_ncc:

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 08:16:07 PM »
In my haste to clean the gun I forgot to describe some of my impressions.  I really like the trigger.  It's not the best ever, but there are many much worse.  I really like the reset.  Not so much the take up but I can get used to that.  My hand is so big that I have to pull my finger out of the guard to complete the pull.  If I put my finger all the way in it wraps around the side of the gun and I have to squeeze super hard to get it to go past the wall.  If I reposition to where the pad of the finger is on the trigger (like it is supposed to be), it works great.  I did get a little slide bite a couple times but it was my fault.  The meat of my hand was above the beaver tail.  No skin damage, but it did teach me to get the right purchase on the gun.  And the slide lock is not a slide release.  At least not until it is broken in more.  Could not get it to release.

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 01:19:05 PM »
Oddly, my mag got tighter with use. It use to drop freely and I thought all these complaining was just new mag and gun problems. I now have to jerk it loose on both extended and flat Gen 4 mags. So weird it got worse.

pecospuppy

• Red Diamond
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 10:55:49 PM »
Agree.  Mine did the same thing.  DB Inc sent me a replacement follower to fix the problem and it fell free for about 6 reloads and then it started doing it again. I haven't figured out what it is yet either.

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 11:04:21 PM »
Bummer, that's what I'm thinking is going to happen to mine, it's being sent in tomorrow. They say, it'll take 4-6 wks. I'll update you when I get it back. My hunch is maybe the handle is being squeezed in? That would be bad, but that was the only thing I could think of or the button is staying pushed in. I thought I notice 2 lines impressions scrapping the mags. When I first got it, those mags fell nicely too. :Main_thumbdown2:

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2019, 09:30:18 AM »
My only negative is that my mag won't drop when I hit the release.  I have to pull it from the handle.  Anybody else have this?  I have to figure out why.  I want it to drop clear for quick reloads.

Using an empty mag, insert it as you normally would. There will be some drag when it hits the mag release locking tab, which is spring loaded. When seated it clicks in place it should have a little in and out free play letting you know the fit is proper and not binding. Release the mag by 'holding' the release button 'in' until the mag drops free. If the release button is only bumped enough to start the drop, that 'tab' will drag along the mag on the way out. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :main_whistling: :main_thumbup_ncc:

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms