Author Topic: Anyone have a .17 HMR?  (Read 82 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Anyone have a .17 HMR?
« on: February 04, 2019, 06:28:29 PM »
Just checking. I just built one up from a Savage B17 FVSS, but still haven't been to the range. I'm trying to make a bench rest tack driver out of it. I took a stock Savage B17 FVSS and modified a few things. Tweaked the bolt a little to smooth out sharp edges, adjusted the trigger down to barely over 2 lbs, changed the stock to a fully free floated Boyd's thumb-hole bull barrel stock, and added a picatinny rail to replace the sling studs to be able to use a QD bipod. The trigger is amazing. If I could go lower than 2 lbs, I would, as this will just be a bench rest target shooter. General accuracy of the 17 HMR is amazing, but there's always improvement with various ammo offerings. In my case I added a Bushnell 6-24x Engage scope mounted on Warne rings and aligned everything with the Wheeler bubble level kit, except I didn't use the top cap for bubble level alignment. I used a plum bob as the final verticle crosshair alignment point. Once all was completed, I installed a scope mounted level and will use that as my 'cant' reference point while on the bench. It's mainly used for long distance shooting, but I think it will help anyone at 100 or 200 yards out. Or maybe just to look cool and like we know something.  :main_winkani_ncc: 

20190202_172950.jpgAnyone have a .17 HMR?
* 20190202_172950.jpg (95.49 kB . 700x525 - viewed 53 times)

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms