Author Topic: Ammunition selection for DB9  (Read 886 times)

Terry1951

• Hatchling
Ammunition selection for DB9
« on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:53 AM »
Why is the ammunition that is recommended so small, are their other types acceptable? Why does the manual say no ammunition recommended for short barrel pistols?
I understand why no +P or +P+ .

mr380acp

• Western Diamondback
  • NRA Life Member
Re: Ammunition selection for DB9
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
Yes definitely no +p !

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
I think I read somewhere that the new Gen 4 is +P rated. Anyone?

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 02:14:04 PM »
Yes it is +p rated but we still reccomend a small dose. We did many test with +p. Your hand will thank you if you just stick with standard pressure.

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »
+p is only for the AM2 and the GEN4 DB9

Terry1951

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
 I have a first Gen. model. Why does the manual stat no ammo labled for short barreled pistols?
 Is ammo sellections just a try and see thing? I know 115-124 grain only.

DB

• Red Diamond
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 03:51:19 PM »
We do need to update our ammo selection.
Each person has different luck with different ammo. I do know that the DB9 gen 1-3 like softer loads and american Name brand ammo. I have found that the less felt recoil loads have been 100% reliable (for me). When i shoot Lawman ammo or gold dot, it kicks like a mule and i found that im more likely to have an issue. Say i had 5 brands of 115gr and i was shooting out of a 1911, most likely i would not tell the difference in felt recoil; now take the DB9 with the same 5 brands and you will be able to tell the difference in felt recoil between each brand. For me, I found that the lower felt recoil loads tend to run the best. I know it sounds like a weird test but it works. With a gun this small and light, its important that the gun doesn't have more recoil than what the shooter can comfortably handle.

As for short barreled pistol ammo, we have not tested too many brands of this ammo. The main reson for not testing with short barreled ammo is because we test with what we think most shooter will use, but i will make a note to get a bunch in to test.

I will post a new ammo list that is more in depth ASAP. Thank you for your feedback and questions.

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 09:08:31 AM »
No new update? While my DB9 is in for repair?
I was once a libtard living in San Francisco

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 12:41:04 PM »
No new update? While my DB9 is in for repair?

Just buy a couple boxes of known good running brands of ammo, like the Remington UMC FMJ and JHP and see what runs 100% for you. Then stick to it. I happen run the PMC 115 gr. JHP and FMJ, and I don't believe it's on any DB list, but it's 100% in my gun. The DB9 isn't a Glock 17 or 43, but what it is, is the smallest lightest 9mm auto out there. That alone is reason enough to see what works best for you and stick to it.

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 02:49:12 PM »
You’re saying you have no jams, ftf, etc. Chris? All my ammo are premium and verified as great ammo by gun store.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »
You’re saying you have no jams, ftf, etc. Chris? All my ammo are premium and verified as great ammo by gun store.

Not with the ammo I've selected to use with my DB9. That's not saying other ammo hasn't had issues, so I don't use them (what's the point, right?). For example, I carry Federal 124 gr HST in all my other 9mm's without issue, but it's not 100% in my DB9 (which I hate). Feed issues, although others may have different experiences. The ammo I run in my DB9 is not super premium, but it works, so I stick to it. Example. PMC 115 GR JHP or FMJ. Or the same with Remington UMC stuff. Nothing exciting, but it works for me.  :main_cheesy:

Brandontxh

• Sidewinder
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 04:16:39 PM »
Not with the ammo I've selected to use with my DB9. That's not saying other ammo hasn't had issues, so I don't use them (what's the point, right?). For example, I carry Federal 124 gr HST in all my other 9mm's without issue, but it's not 100% in my DB9 (which I hate). Feed issues, although others may have different experiences. The ammo I run in my DB9 is not super premium, but it works, so I stick to it. Example. PMC 115 GR JHP or FMJ. Or the same with Remington UMC stuff. Nothing exciting, but it works for me.  :main_cheesy:

Hey Chris, read my DB9 repair turnaround time thread. Can you do 6+1 like I said mine can't? That resolved all my problems when I stop doing that.

Galloway Precision

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms