Author Topic: Shooting the AM2  (Read 130 times)

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
Shooting the AM2
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:40:06 PM »
Again. Before carrying this thing I wanted to put more rounds down range, especially the Federal 124 gr HST. Shot 75 of those and a couple boxes of Federal 124 gr JHP. No failures, no hiccups, nothing. Boring (LOL, not really). Once again the AM2 shoots like a full size gun, but it's only slightly thicker than a 6+1 Glock 43, and slightly taller with the flush baseplate with a 12+1 capacity. So twice the capacity for "slightly larger" (and heavier). The actual carry comparison is about the same when measuring the holster as well and how it feels carrying IWB. Now it can't compare to the Sig P365 in size and weight, but you do get two more rounds. No biggie to me. However, I'm still nervous about carrying the P365 with their two major issues (firing pin breaks and trigger return spring detaching). Both fatal flaws. If I need super small, then the DB9 serves me well and I trust it way more than the P365. I supposed there will eventually be a next generation P365 that positively addresses the issues by a redesign. Maybe, or they'll make it obsolete and introduce a new P365 TOW (This One Works  :main_tongue:). Anyway, so much for Sig. The AM2 is a way better shooter than the P365. I'm impressed every time I shoot the thing. Any gripes at all? Of course, 'cause I'm a whiny bitch. LOL. I don't like the trigger! No, the break is not bad, but the pre-travel and the funky trigger safety dingus bothers me 'bigly.' Dingus? Did I just make up a word? The reset is short if you're talented enough to time that distance when rapid firing in a panic.  If it had a shorter take-up along with that short reset, my life would be guns and roses. What?

So anyway, I just rambled on. Again. The range session was great, I love the AM2 in that mechanical cold steel sort of way  :main_whistling:, and I'm looking forward to other shooter's reports. I still stand by my comments about the AM2 being built like a tank and that it feels sooo much better than any Glock, or anything else I've got, in the hand. Perfect size for me.

odeTOmaybe2

• Pygmy Rattler
Re: Shooting the AM2
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 09:40:43 AM »
Maybe this is in another thread, so I apologize in advance.  But I'm curious- How many rounds have you put through it and how many malfunctions have you had?

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 09:47:15 AM »
Maybe this is in another thread, so I apologize in advance.  But I'm curious- How many rounds have you put through it and how many malfunctions have you had?

Not sure of actual count, but probably 500+ ish. No failures of any kind. Definitely a shooter. There aren't many reviews or range reports about the AM2, but so far I think it's been solid with everyone. Looking forward to more opinions about the gun since I believe DB has a winner here.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »
Here's a video shooting a variety of ammo. No failures, and the shooter's all liked the gun. Yay!

odeTOmaybe2

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 11:41:07 AM »
Not sure of actual count, but probably 500+ ish. No failures of any kind. Definitely a shooter. There aren't many reviews or range reports about the AM2, but so far I think it's been solid with everyone. Looking forward to more opinions about the gun since I believe DB has a winner here.

Awesome, thanks for the info.  I cant wait to see one in person.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the info.  I cant wait to see one in person.

I just got home. Come on over and see mine.  :main_thumbs_2up:

odeTOmaybe2

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 10:14:54 AM »
I just got home. Come on over and see mine.  :main_thumbs_2up:

Would be a little bit of a drive for me- I live in Indiana.  But I'm sure it's a little warmer your way?!

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »
Would be a little bit of a drive for me- I live in Indiana.  But I'm sure it's a little warmer your way?!

Maybe a little warmer, but still not warm enough for me. Fast forward 4 months and I'll be whining about the heat. LOL

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms