Author Topic: DB9 Gen1-4 Extended Takedown Plate  (Read 5991 times)

GallowayPrecision

• Hatchling
    • Galloway Precision
DB9 Gen1-4 Extended Takedown Plate
« on: May 22, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
DB9 Extended Takedown Plate

You know how it is, you're trying to field strip and clean your pistol after some range time. You've got solvent, oil, carbon, and all sorts of nasty stuff on your fingers and they just keep slipping off of the small takedown plate on your pistol. Well no more, introducing the Galloway Precision Extended Takedown Plate for the Diamondback Firearms DB 9 Gen1-4 series of pistols. Thirty percent wider and deeper serrations make this plate a must have for your pistol. Easy to grip without getting in the way of your holster for a snag free draw, what are you waiting for? Get yours today!

Made from tool steel for strength and heat treated to hold it, these will last a life time for the user. Nitride coated black.

https://gallowayprecision.com/images/D/diamondback_db9_extended-takedown-plate_galloway-precision_4608.jpg

https://gallowayprecision.com/images/D/diamondback_db9_extended-takedown-plate_galloway-precision_4606.jpg

Gnat

• Hatchling
Re: DB9 Gen1-4 Extended Takedown Plate
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:43:37 AM »
I have a stainless guide rod assembly  from you good folks and it works great!

Three questions-
Can you make replacement parts to make the DB9 run better?

Will you be putting the slide release back on your DB9 soon?  :main_tongue:

Is that a new trigger I see?

GallowayPrecision

• Hatchling
    • Galloway Precision
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 12:50:12 PM »
Yes to all three.

Shootist

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 12:30:18 PM »
The g4 needs an extended mag release IMO.

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 12:55:40 PM »
The g4 needs an extended mag release IMO.
I agree, I have to move may hand off the grip to get where my fingers can push the release.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »
Me too on the gen 3, but all my smaller guns have that issue. I just look at it as coming with the territory. If someone comes out with an extended mag release, what are the chances holster manufacturers will follow suit. I'm thinking none?

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 03:25:37 PM »
Me too on the gen 3, but all my smaller guns have that issue. I just look at it as coming with the territory. If someone comes out with an extended mag release, what are the chances holster manufacturers will follow suit. I'm thinking none?

True, but would another 1/32 be to much for what we have now?  It looks like there is room.  How much it helps may be trivial, but it's worth looking into.

GallowayPrecision

• Hatchling
    • Galloway Precision
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 11:30:29 AM »
Extended mag release is one of the other parts we are looking to manufacture as well.

Shootist

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
Thank you!   :main_thumbup_ncc:

Catbird

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 11:53:24 AM »
Extended mag release is one of the other parts we are looking to manufacture as well.
Yay!

ohiodff

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 11:51:05 PM »
Doesn't even need to be extended, just not a piece of crap that requires the force of a nailgun to enact the release.

Chris

• Western Diamondback
  • Raleigh, NC, USA
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 08:03:50 AM »
Doesn't even need to be extended, just not a piece of crap that requires the force of a nailgun to enact the release.

To be fair, not all pistols have easy to release slide locks and you have to manually relieve the pressure from the slide. It's taught. It's all part of your training, right?

ohiodff

• Hatchling
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 08:47:39 AM »
To be fair, not all pistols have easy to release slide locks and you have to manually relieve the pressure from the slide. It's taught. It's all part of your training, right?
I have 12 semi-auto pistols.  11 of them have firm retention yet require only a light amount of pressure on the release button and the same 11 have the mag slide fully out of the chamber with no interaction from the user once it's pressed.  The 12th is my DB9.

I'd say 25% of the time I have a "standard" mag release where it will eject normally.  The mag I use most is getting the grooves worn in so that it'll clear the chamber on its own and as I work the others they are getting there too.  That's not my complaint so please don't strawman me.  The problem is getting the button to actually release the magazine.  That's why I said "to enact the release".

It doesn't just take a ton of pressure, although it's absurd how much it does.  It sometimes takes a ton of pressure plus some lateral manipulation.  There are times I have to take my hand off the grip entirely to massage and maneuver and gyrate.  It's harder than finding the man in the boat at times. 

I'm not in Iraq, or a jungle or swamp.  I'm in cornfed Central Ohio.  I don't have conditions that are likely to gunk up a firearm's normal action.  So no, my training doesn't include having to do the tango with my pistol to be able to reload.  If that's what it takes I am carrying the wrong weapon so I won't carry this one yet.

I want to love this gun, I do.  It's got some great characteristics that I want for a pocket gun.  But a broken recoil rod on trip #2 to the range at under 100 rounds plus this mag release action doesn't allow me to love this gun.  Problem #1 is being remedied, so I'm looking for a solution to #2.  Hopefully no #3 pops up.

ChaZam

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 07:58:59 AM »
I'm thinking I need that extended takedown plate.
My 73 year old sausage fingers struggle with some simple tasks now...
I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous... ;-)

Diamondback Firearms