Author Topic: DB9 4 Gen Recoil Guide Rod Head shattered on first outing.  (Read 23592 times)

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
Re: DB9 4 Gen Recoil Guide Rod Head shattered on first outing.
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2019, 11:15:40 PM »
That's what they are telling me. We'll see how it turns out, I'll make sure to keep it this updated.

That would be great.  Much appreciated!!

wild cat mccane

• Sidewinder
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2019, 08:29:00 AM »
The gen4 was just released, as an improvement over the gen3.

If they didn't get the guide rod right, which DB changed...

There is too much praise in this thread. Where this appreciation of DB fixing it is a bit off and not founded.

This is absolutely no cause to assume it's going to be fixed until the new one comes (replacing all gen4s?) and NEW high round counts come out...

Gnat

• Hatchling
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2019, 11:59:11 AM »
I agree there is too much praise. Mine is going to sit in the safe unused until/if they ever figure things out. I am wondering if Diamondback should adopt a catchy brand slogan?!
May I humbly opinion- "Diamondback, a good percentage of our firearms function properly".

carwash

• Pygmy Rattler
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2019, 12:07:19 PM »
Many give these gun manufacturers too much slack, they all say "Don't worry [insert brand here] will make it right." That would be great if every gun was a range toy. This should be unacceptable for any gun designed for self defense. Hard to make it right if the gun fails & you're dead.

Gnat

• Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
Every five shots of testing is approx a dollar out of pocket next thing you know you have wasted more on ammo than the pistol is worth. Great if you find it is reliable, if not it is a total waste. Folks are sending them back to Diamondback to fix and they come back STILL unreliable. Good grief! :Main_thumbdown2:

olt

• Hatchling
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
My concern is that the new guide rod will be of the same design as the original 4th Gen guide rod.

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 08:45:41 PM »
Say ditto to the last 7 (?) posts!

Been on the road, so I've yet to take my replacement DB9 Gen4 to the range...

So.....I've left it in the safe and carried my trusty P89 during this trip.

Just don't have the confidence in the DB9 and not sure how much I'll have even after the range, regardless of the results.

As I've posted in another topic, feel I've thrown away money after I getting it...
Had high hopes for it's potential.

It and the Sig P365 could've OWNED this market and sold them for decades to loyal buyers.

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 12:36:52 PM »
My DB9 is still with them so I can’t add anything here. They’ve had it for 3 or 4 weeks, the discrepancy is when UPS said someone sign for it vs when their email said they got it. I’m not gonna rush them though  :main_whistling:
I was once a libtard living in San Francisco

pdxoriginal

• Hatchling
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 01:04:42 PM »
Anyone received their new guide rod yet?

My Gen4 is sitting in the safe until I get mine and put a few hundred rounds through it.

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 01:40:07 PM »
Curious as well...

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 01:50:12 PM »
I email DB about my repair since it’s going on 6 weeks and they said it’s waiting on a part with no specifics. I can’t imagine what other part or they are stalling. My email asked about repair eta and let me know if waiting on parts. Just gonna ride it out and see what will become of it.

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »
Good luck

Hope it all works out

ohiodff

• Hatchling
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 08:39:12 PM »
That would be great.  Much appreciated!!

Been calling regularly, their engineering dept has completed testing of the new guide rods and they are just waiting on inventory.  No solid ETA but my last call on Thursday said they were "hoping to start shipping on Monday".  That's the first time I got any kind of day/date from them, so maybe it'll start flowing soon.

Very disappointing to have to deal with, but for 225 bucks you've gotta expect some hiccups and "you get what you pay for" type of karma.  I have an M&P Bodyguard .380 in the interim I trust fully and that will remain the pocket option until I get full confidence in the repaired product.

boscobarbell

• Sidewinder
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2019, 11:33:44 AM »
I'm still hoping this ends well, and that the new recoil guide rod is a significant improvement.

The DB9 is still on my "Want" list, because it is just about perfect in theory.  But I don't need a project gun (I'm no gunsmith), and I've had my fill of micros that need a lot of tinkering and/or trips back to the manufacturer just to do what they are supposed to.

pdxoriginal

• Hatchling
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
Good news, just received notification from DB and a tracking number that the revised guide rod was shipped.

Diamondback Firearms