Author Topic: Loose magazine  (Read 4300 times)

hbschwartz

• Hatchling
Loose magazine
« on: July 15, 2019, 07:26:46 PM »
I have a gen4. I, and two of my friends, are having trouble with the magazine coming loose when shooting. This occurred with different shooters, one handed as well. Any thoughts?? By the way, three different guns!

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
Re: Loose magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:10:19 AM »
What does that mean?  It falls out of the mag well?  It rattles?  The bottom falls out?  Explain what is going on.

I have the opposite problem.  My mag won't drop out of the mag well when I push the release.

hbschwartz

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 06:33:19 AM »
Falls out of magazine well

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 07:17:47 AM »
That is the first time I've heard of this one.  It is likely your mag release tension spring is not set in the mag release button correctly.  That would be a simple fix.  Remove the slide and shine a light into the Mag well.  Push the mag release button and watch how the spring moves.  It should resist your pushing.

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 02:01:02 PM »
A question. When you press the mag release, does the other side of the mag button indention push outward, a normal thing? Asking because in the beginning it didn’t but did after. Thanks.
I was once a libtard living in San Francisco

pecospuppy

• Western Diamondback
  • Old Cowboy
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 03:09:50 PM »
Yes it should move out the same as the side you push moves in.  If it is moving now and didn't before, is the mag staying in place?

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 06:44:21 PM »
That is weird...most of the BMs are having the opposite issue.

If it's staying then it shouldn't drop unless manipulated.

Definitely keep us updated

Zantiszar

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 06:12:18 PM »
I had this happen on my AM2 and diamondback replaced my magcatch and spring  now it works like it’s supposed to

I was having exactly the same issue after a shot the mag will just fall out by its own

franco45

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
I just got back from shooting my new Gen 4. It's doing exactly what the op described. The mag usually drops out after the 4th or 5th round is fired from each mag. I checked my grip and it wasn't user error.

Zantiszar

• Hatchling
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »
Check you mag catch to see how it looks

franco45

• Hatchling
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 02:06:22 PM »
I just talked to Diamondback. The phone rep talked to a gunsmith who said they're sending me a new trigger group. I hope this works.

Jakethesnake

• Hatchling
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 09:48:23 PM »
Mine did the same thing after 600 rounds. I changed the mag catch and spring. It runs great now and im at 1200 plus rounds, maybe more. I think that the mag catch spring takes a set and causes the mag to fall out due to lack of tension imho.

MJAb3

• Sidewinder
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 10:39:47 PM »
What the heck?! 600 rnds?

Well...glad you got the fix.

Gotta ask though, did you happen to let Diamondback know of this issue?

Might help fellow Gen4 owners down the road.

Jakethesnake

• Hatchling
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 10:21:46 PM »
I have a update about the magazine issue. After i posted last time i spoke with DB about the issue again and had them send me a updated guide rod ass. With a heavier guide rod spring. This fixed the issue completely and i no longer have my mags falling out during firing. It seems that with the older springs the slide slams into the frame so hard that it causes the frame to flex releasing the mag. I hope this helps anyone else with this issue. I also tried a glock 19 spring as well and it works also on the db9 guide rod   

Brandontxh

• Red Diamond
  • I was once a libtard living in San Francisco
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »
I have a update about the magazine issue. After i posted last time i spoke with DB about the issue again and had them send me a updated guide rod ass. With a heavier guide rod spring. This fixed the issue completely and i no longer have my mags falling out during firing. It seems that with the older springs the slide slams into the frame so hard that it causes the frame to flex releasing the mag. I hope this helps anyone else with this issue. I also tried a glock 19 spring as well and it works also on the db9 guide rod   

When does it drop? Every time? Mine drops only when I do 6+1. And it either drops, jams, or 2nd round does not chamber if it doesn't drop on both mags. I bought a new mag and also waiting on two new mags they are sending free when I asked them to tell the gun smith what's my remedy. Thanks.

Diamondback Firearms

Diamondback Firearms

Galloway Precision